Attachement issue in zimbra desktop 7.3.1

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
ganesh

Attachement issue in zimbra desktop 7.3.1

Post by ganesh »

Hi guys,

One of our user install zimbra desktop 7.3.1.After installation he is facing issue in mail having attachment .He is not able to view the attachment.It force to download that attachment first.in previous version (i.e. 7.3.0) it was working fine.Is this known issue in 7.3.1?
mcpedrito

Re: Attachement issue in zimbra desktop 7.3.1

Post by mcpedrito »

I also find the same problem with version 7.3.1, while with the previous version I could open attachments without having to save them
frdt

Post by frdt »

same issue for me
thx
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi guys,
Since ZD 7.3.0, and as using NodeJS, based on Chrome, you can't open attachments by default, but you need to do the extra click to save them somewhere and they will open right after that.
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
rolo

Post by rolo »

Has the attachment issue been resolved yet? I have completely removed ZD from our offices solely for this reason. It is the main reason for complaints by employees and to be honest is insanely frustrating to manage. Please provide some type of timeline for a fix if one is not available already.

Thanks
JoeyJoJo

Post by JoeyJoJo »

Oh man, this is absolutely horrible, all my users are pissed, my boss is pissed and I tried to do a windows restore and then it would not even open so I had to undo.
everyone hates this and open directly in word or excel and then it automatically saves where they want, and that's if they even need to save, most just need to reed the doc file or PDF.

I hope you guys come up with a workaround to bring back the windows dialog box, they actually blame me for this:-( I would move them to the web client but most manage multiple email accounts.
Arjan_omega

Post by Arjan_omega »

This seems to be a somewhat older thread... but v7.3.1 still not able to open attachment (preview). Are there any recent developments on the attachment issue??

Thx, Arjan
sup3rman

Post by sup3rman »

Still not working with the "OPEN WITH"
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

Synacor discontinued zdesktop development/patching.

Best advice here would be to use the webui if possible.

Sent from my EVA-AL10 using Tapatalk
Pranjal Tanti

Post by Pranjal Tanti »

Can you please let me know how to roll back to the earlier version or please provide an solution . Earlier version was good and working fine. Latest version is notified as an critical update and after updating it has become worse. It is very difficult to download each and everything before viewing the content. Please provide an solution to it.