After upgrading to Zimbra Desktop 7.3.0 (32-bit) on Windows 7, several desktop integration features break. We had to downgrade back to 7.2.8 in order to fix this, but wanted to post a comment for the developers to be aware of.
1. Other users have already posted comment that MS-Office attachments fail to open directly from within 7.3.0 - you have to download them then open manually from Windows Explorer.
2. The integration with Office for the MAPI function (Send document attached to email) is also broken. Word (we are using v.2007) just hangs when trying to use the Send -> Email option.
3. Browser "mailto:" links fail, as the association gets lost during the upgrade from 7.2.8 to 7.3.0. This could be resolved by manually reapplying this through the "Default Programs" control (sub-note: ZD 7.2.8 doesn't get listed as a program here).
That's all been tested with Java RE 8 (build 131), on Windows 7 Pro (64-bit). Tried several different PC's/laptops - all the same core software config - and all the same results noted in the points above.
At the moment, issues 1 and 2 disrupt user workflow significantly enough that they have all been moved back to ZD 7.2.8.
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 Patch 9 now available (includes fix for CVE-2017-8802). Read the announcement.
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.8.7 + Zimbra Connector for Outlook 8.8.7 are available.. Read the announcement.
- Are you a Zimbra Developer? You can find some interesting stuff in our Official GitHub: https://github.com/Zimbra and check the Community Projects too: https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/
General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests