Where do sent emails go? Server? Local? Both?

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
charlesrr

Where do sent emails go? Server? Local? Both?

Post by charlesrr »

In cPanel's structure on my server, there's a .Sent/cur folder. When I send emails with other clients on my PC or phone (or webmail), sent emails end up there.
But the ones I send with zimbra desktop aren't in there (which is most of them). But where are they? When I right click on the folder the option is the "turn sync off", so I thought they were being synced to the server.
I download the entire email folder from cPanel and grepped for email addresses I've sent to with zimbra desktop, but it only found ones sent with other clients.

Are they only stored locally on my PC?
charlesrr

Re: Where do sent emails go? Server? Local? Both?

Post by charlesrr »

Ok, one step closer.
In cPanel, the server inbox "cur" folder appears at the same level as the .Sent server folder (in the directory structure).
In Zimbra however, the .Sent server folder appears as a subfolder of the inbox (along with equivalent .drafts and .trash folders), but zimbra has its own separate sent folder (with the little envelope icon on it) and drafts and trash.
I've turned on sync for the inbox/sent folder (in zimbra) and the emails sent with other clients now appear in that folder in Zimbra.
How do I make all zimbra sent emails go to the same place? It seems that it's only zimbra that wants to use its own folders like that.
See attached pic