Cannot download MS office attachments in email

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
danny19195

Cannot download MS office attachments in email

Post by danny19195 »

I cannot download any MS office document (incl .docx, .xlsx, .pptx) in email attachments. When I click the attachment, it shows download path window. But when I click the "save" buttom, the download path window gone and I didn't find the attachment file in the designated folder.
It looks different to pdf attachment which can be saved in the designated and the file was open immediately after I click and attachment file and the "save" button.
interim-cpenen

Re: Cannot download MS office attachments in email

Post by interim-cpenen »

I had a problem that was slightly similar. I had this one user who could not download attachments when she logged into her webmail. It turns out her Attachment Settings were wrong.

In order to fix it I had to log into the Zimbra Collaboration Server administration webpage > navigate to the users mailbox > edit the mailbox setting > go to the advanced tab > and in there I had to set "Attachments can be viewed in HTML and their original format". For some reason it was incorrectly set to "Disable attachment viewing from web mail UI". Once I changed it she could download attachments again.

I don't know if this will help, but just my 2 cents.