Everything Wrong with Zimbra Desktop 7.3.1

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
3deep278

Everything Wrong with Zimbra Desktop 7.3.1

Post by 3deep278 »

Everything Wrong with Zimbra Desktop 7.3.1:

I have asked questions and got no answers and am about done with it. I love Zimbra Desktop, even thought that EVERY release has blatant issues that didnt exist before. Right now I have two questions on this board and I got no responses. As per usual. Issues are as such:

Zimbra does even link to an updated help. Go to zimbra.com -> Products -> Zimbra Desktop ->
Selection_003.png
Selection_003.png (116.79 KiB) Viewed 9707 times
Scroll down to this:
Selection_004.png
Selection_004.png (25.14 KiB) Viewed 9707 times
Sends you to Zimbra 7.2! No body ever bothered updating this and that was in 2017!

Also:
In Windows 64: The first line of each email you have to click Twice to start the email message. In other words, you have to click to start a message and when you click in the white space of the body just above the signature then you start typing, almost everytime you will look up and you have not typed anything then you have to click again and start over. This is an extremely aggravating issue. Nothing has changed since 2017

Font smoothing in linux: I posted this on this forum and of course no one replied anything:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=64420

The Zoom is not available in the Linux client. Asked about that and nothing...
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=64427

The issue I have is that I use Zimbra for Work. ZD is the only decent desktop Client for linux available that will run Zimbra Exchange type client. I dont want IMAP.

Is ZD ever going to be updated? Ever? is anyone out there? anybody?

I would be willing to use a beta... ANYTHING above 7.3.1 Do you have one in production?
3deep278

Re: Everything Wrong with Zimbra Desktop 7.3.1

Post by 3deep278 »

Really? Anyone? Bueller?
gusans

Post by gusans »

Althout Zimbra Desktop is a great product, it seems it's not being updated in pair with the others applications :(

IMHO I think all zimbra desktop's development efforts shoud be redirected to the development an extension to seamlessly integrates all functions of zimbra to another desktop client as thunderbird, outlook, etc.
peterawolfe

Post by peterawolfe »

Yeah, I have not seen anyone from Zimbra active in the zdesktop forums in many months. I wish they would just state their intent (either no support, limited etc.) then we could all get on with making decisions.