Message can not be sent

If Zimbra Desktop had a sync failure, it may have told you to post your error in this section.
gemselle

Message can not be sent

Post by gemselle »

Hello
I installed Zimbra and it worked perfectly retreiving all the message from multiple accounts.

Now I have a problem because obviously it never send the email I write :(
When I press the send button a small window appears saying message sent but in fact, even when I'm online and after doing numerous synch, the messages just sit in the Outbox and are never sent (I've made dozen of attempts...)
I don't know why is it so... may be it is that Zimbra can not send emails from Yahoo small business account (I know the smtp are different than for regular emal account)
please tell me what I should do
jbww

Message can not be sent

Post by jbww »

I have a Yahoo small business account and can't even get the account setup. I am encouraged to hear others have at least got through the setup and can receive mail. I am aware the receiving mail account needs to be an imap account and although I have followed and made attempts from advice on other threads in this forum about the incoming mail server imap access, I have had no success. Tell me how you've done it! I am on a Ubuntu hardy OS with Yahoo!Zimbra Desktop build 1251. Here's what i've tried to use as incoming server and errors;
Version 1

Account type: IMAP4

User Name: XXXXX

Passsword: XXXXX

Incoming Mail Server: imap.bizmail.yahoo.com Port: 995

SSL: no
Returns: java.net.UnknownHostException: imap.bizmail.yahoo.com

Version 2

Incoming Mail Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com Port: 995

Returns: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out ("processing" a long time)

Version 3

Incoming Mail Server: bizmail.imap.yahoo.com Port: 995

Version 4

Incoming Mail Server: bizmail.imap.yahoo.com Port: 995

mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Message can not be sent

Post by mmorse »

Welcome to the forums (both of you actually)
JBWW, Have you tried the Yahoo Account setup?
We've had someone else mention difficulty sending, if you'd like to help out with log snips:

-Setup the account

-Go back to setup and enable debug on it

-~zimbra/zdesktop/log/mailbox.log

The thread is here: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/general-qu ... erver.html
jbww

Message can not be sent

Post by jbww »

Thanks for the welcome and the info. I did two things. First I went back and tried the Yahoo account setup and it accepted my info. but I couldn't send mail. Then, I uninstalled ZD completely because I noticed that it had been added to the Ubuntu repositories, so I installed again through synaptic. After that I setup my Yahoo Small Business account as a "Yahoo account" at the first prompt on install, which seemed too easy since my email address is not a Yahoo domain, but it worked. Or so I thought.... It sets up my account and I can receive my mail to ZD, but I can't send mail. Same as before the repository install. ZD actually seems to send mail, but it stays in the outbox. Eventhough once you click send a prompt comes up that says message sent. I'm sure I've seen this condition posted by others, so I'll look around the forum as my next step.
I must say how impressed I am with the possibilities of ZD and the response in this forum. Thank you!
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Message can not be sent

Post by jjzhuang »

we are seeing many reports of small biz account can't send messages. we are investigating this issue, so please stay tuned.
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Message can not be sent

Post by jjzhuang »

can anyone do a quick trace so we can confirm? enable debug trace on the account, and try to send. the trace will go into /log/zdesktop.out.
jbww

Message can not be sent

Post by jbww »

I have enabled debug and located the file. What shall i do with it?
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Message can not be sent

Post by mmorse »

Check them (zdesktop.out & mailbox.log snips) for any info you want private/scrub them.
Public Options:

-Attach them to this thread.

-If it's really short (like the error is clear in 5 lines) just copy them into a post.

-Put in your wiki: http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=jbww-Notes

-You could zimbra private pastebin - collaborative debugging tool or any other filesharing program out there - yousendit or whatever FTP you may have.
If they need to be private:

-Private Message us a link.

-Email them to jjzhuang, dac, & mmorse at this domain.
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

Message can not be sent

Post by jjzhuang »

it looks like yahoo mail is experiencing small biz mail sending issues in general and it affects multiple clients, including iphone and zdesktop. so this is not a zdesktop specific issue.
Amitabh Akolkar

Message can not be sent

Post by Amitabh Akolkar »

Facing the same issue. Zimbra Desktop does not send mails of Yahoo Small-Business account. Mails just sit in the Outbox and multiple send-receives just do not have any effect.