Are these Error Reports read by anyone at Zimbra?

If Zimbra Desktop had a sync failure, it may have told you to post your error in this section.
britechguy

Post by britechguy »

Jorge & Tonster,

Thanks to you both for your thoughtful responses. I have an additional suggestion: you might want to think about creating a sticky post regarding known bugs "of the kind users will whine about" that are known and are in the pipeline to be addressed. One of the biggest frustrations for users of products such as Zimbra Desktop is the inability to get any good information about what is already known as a problem and that's being addressed. Feeling like you're "talking to the wind" when you report something on a forum like this, when it's your only known mechanism for getting problems out there, only increases frustration.

As far as bugzilla goes, although I know how to use it and search it, and just did, as a rule you really don't want your run-of-the-mill user mucking about in bugzilla. It can create all sorts of havoc that you then spend a lot of time trying to clean up. Just think how many bugs already have to be merged due to their being duplicates, but because of exactly how they're reported it's tough for the next reporter to find the old one.

I also realize that Google (and others) often make changes seemingly "at whim" and then those who've been using long common interfaces with them are left twisting in the wind. Been there, done that.

My initial complaint when I started this thread is that it often appears that no one at all is monitoring this forum and we, as end users, have absolutely no other communication mechanism to Zimbra if we're "only" Zimbra Desktop users. As you well know, if you put a product out there and have people using it they'll get very frustrated when the inevitable difficulties occur and it seems that no one knows about those difficulties nor cares about them.

Brian
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

I will create a Known Issues pin Thread in this Forum, and in the Zimbra Desktop general one, and in this way users can at least know about the issue, and hopefully a solution soon.

Best regards, and feedback is always good.
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
britechguy

Post by britechguy »

While I'm not saying that your account of the sequence of events is incorrect in any way, this is utterly, completely irrelevant to an end user who has absolutely no way of knowing this.

The long and the short of it is that if you, as a company, elect to put a product "out there" for active use, and that's what Zimbra Desktop is at the moment, then you'd better be prepared to support it and communicate effectively about what's going on with it.

It is absolutely critical that accurate expectation setting is occurring, on a constant basis, with regard to an active product. This is an area that has been sadly lacking with regard to Zimbra Desktop and that can only be remedied "from the inside" and only if the commitment to ZD is actually there.
3deep278

Re: Are these Error Reports read by anyone at Zimbra?

Post by 3deep278 »

No lesson learned here. ZD 7.3.1 is crazy buggy and been out a long time. No help from Zimbra Support. These forums are of no use to anyone.