Mac OS X El Capitan Java Error Help Please

If Zimbra Desktop had a sync failure, it may have told you to post your error in this section.
braddowns

Re: Mac OS X El Capitan Java Error Help Please

Post by braddowns »

Great news today, I was finally able to move away from Zimbra Desktop and Zimbra Webmail. I am finally back up and running on .mac mail. Its truly a please to be using a mail program that has full support. One phone call to APPLE had me fixed right up. Today I am thankful for Apple and their mail program. I recommend it to many of you who are having problems with Zimbra on Apple computers. The bottom line is JAVA is horrible and doest not play well at all with apple computers. If you can free yourself from JAVA you will truly be set free!

Cheers to all!
braddowns

Post by braddowns »

235 views and only one question and no advice on a solution? This forum is great I tell you!
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

Would you mind trying Zimbra Desktop 7.2.8 RC build available at https://blog.zimbra.com/2016/05/zimbra- ... available/
We have fixed this Java detection issue on Mac OS in 7.2.8 and I apologize for late reply.
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

braddowns wrote:If you can free yourself from JAVA you will truly be set free!
First : you can free yourself from Apple you will be more free than you are now.
Second : the problem is specific to Java on Apple , not Zimbra Mail Server.
braddowns wrote: 235 views and only one question and no advice on a solution? This forum is great I tell you!
Third : did you try to ask here https://zmailcloud.com/ which is your mail provider which I suppose provide some support.
Forth : people answering on this forum do it for free on their own free time.

Regards,
The Guy - DualBoot

PostMaster - WikiMaster - SysAdmin
"Free Your Mind. Think Open Source"
april.org
Zetalliance Member - zetalliance.org