Incorrectly reporting untrusted certificate

If Zimbra Desktop had a sync failure, it may have told you to post your error in this section.
rwebb616

Incorrectly reporting untrusted certificate

Post by rwebb616 »

We have a multi-san certificate on our Zimbra server and Zimbra desktop is reporting an untrusted SSL cert even though the server name is listed in the SAN list for the certificate.

This is a zimbra desktop bug and needs to be fixed. I have gone into the settings and accepted the "untrusted" certificate but after some time it makes me do it again.

The Web client does not have this issue - my "Let's Encrypt" certificate is fully trusted by the browser. I'm sure this is because the browser (chrome) is handling this and not Zimbra.

Thanks,
Rich
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Incorrectly reporting untrusted certificate

Post by pup_seba »

Hi Rich,

Some time ago Zimbra announced that no more support for Zimbra Desktop was going to be given, that includes patching or furthing developing that product. My best advice would be to move away from it in favor of using the webUI if possible.

Hope you can find a way to fix or workaround the problem you describe.
rwebb616

Re: Incorrectly reporting untrusted certificate

Post by rwebb616 »

Well that is certainly unfortunate as Zimbra Desktop is a very nice add-on to Zimbra. Guess it's time to find another mail client - just liked how integrated it was.

Rich