zimbra desktop won't work on suse 11.4 64bit

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
raoul.hulsmans

Post by raoul.hulsmans »

Hey guys,
I tried installing zimbra desktop on my suse but it keeps saying ia32-libs missing for x86-64bit platform.

I tried the 32bit pattern as some suggest on suse but it always keep saying this.

when I try the user install it says: error can't open file /home/username/desktop/zd.desktop/
when I run this as root it installs without errors but it won't open zimbra in my KDE. The program opens but the little waiting circle (don't know how it is called) keeps turning.
anyone any suggestions on what to do?
grtz
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="raoul.hulsmans"]I tried installing zimbra desktop on my suse but it keeps saying ia32-libs missing for x86-64bit platform.

I tried the 32bit pattern as some suggest on suse but it always keep saying this.

when I try the user install it says: error can't open file /home/username/desktop/zd.desktop/[/QUOTE]I don't have that 32bit runtime pattern installed and ZD works fine for me on openSUSE 11.4 64bit (with KDE 4.7) - I've been running ZD on this 64bit version for a while without problems.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
raoul.hulsmans

Post by raoul.hulsmans »

Strange. I tried it first without the 32 bit pattern but I always get the same error message.
Did you also ran the first part of the installation as root and then for each user the user install?
Another strange thing.

When I google the ia32-libs package I can only find debian links for ubuntu.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="raoul.hulsmans"]Strange. I tried it first without the 32 bit pattern but I always get the same error message.
Did you also ran the first part of the installation as root and then for each user the user install?[/QUOTE]Yes, I've installed it that way.
[quote user="raoul.hulsmans"]Another strange thing.

When I google the ia32-libs package I can only find debian links for ubuntu.[/QUOTE]I hate to say this but, me too.
Have you tried the ZD 7.1 beta (it's on the Downloads/Beta page)? Remove the current version you've installed then try the 7.1 beta.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
raoul.hulsmans

Post by raoul.hulsmans »

Just tried the beta version but it gives the exact same errors.
raoul.hulsmans

Post by raoul.hulsmans »

I got it working. For some reason zimbra couldn't create the desktop item on my desktop. I changed the path to Documents and now it works fine.

Thanks for the assistance.
willsmith1701

Post by willsmith1701 »

Raoul,
I'm having the same problem as you, zimbra won't load, just hangs on a spinning dotted wheel, but I'm not sure from your post what the fix was. I do have the desktop icon, and that is what hangs when I click on it to launch it.
Where exactly was the configuration file that you changed the path in that made Zimbra launch for you?
raoul.hulsmans

Post by raoul.hulsmans »

On my root user I still have the problem that zimbra doesn't load. On my useraccount I changed the path of the desktop item during user install. At one point it asks where to install the desktop item and I changed it to my documents.
I would try reinstalling and have zimbra place the desktop icon somewhere else.
willsmith1701

Post by willsmith1701 »

Raoul,
Thanks for the speedy reply, I will try that. Do you know where the uninstall script for Zimbra is? I can't seem to find one.
raoul.hulsmans

Post by raoul.hulsmans »

It worked for me without uninstalling. Just run the user install again.