help needed installing zdestop_7_2_1 on openSuse 12.2 64bit

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
bazzieb

Post by bazzieb »

Hi There
I have tried to install zdesktop 7.2.1 on opensuse 12.2 64bit. I have read a number of places telling me that i need extra dependencies which i have installed:
Installing Zimbra Desktop on 64bit Linux - Zimbra :: Wiki
and a bunch of others that i closed(my bad). But i come to same issue. When i launch it, an app opens with a spinning wheel in the middle and thats as far as it goes.
I also have these errors during installation which i cant seem to sort out:
------------------------------

Choose the folder where you would like to create desktop icon [/root/Desktop]:

Installing user data files...done

Initializing user data...done

Creating desktop icon...Error: cannot open file /root/Desktop/zd.desktop

To install data files for additional users, please login as the user and run this command:

/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/user-install.pl

cg-l-bmarks-OS:/home/BMarks/Downloads/zdesktop_7_2_1_ga_b11637_linux_i686 # /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/user-install.pl

Choose the folder where you would like to install Zimbra Desktop's user data files, full path please [/root/zdesktop]: /home/BMarks/zdesktop

Are you sure you would like to install Zimbra Desktop's user data under folder [/home/BMarks/zdesktop] ? NOTE: All non-ZD data under this directory will be deleted.

(Y)es or (N)o [Y]: y

Choose the folder where you would like to create desktop icon [/root/Desktop]: /home/BMarks/Desktop

Installing user data files...done

Initializing user data...done

Creating desktop icon...done

mv: cannot stat ‘/home/BMarks/zdesktop.tmp/index/*’: No such file or directory

mv: cannot stat ‘/home/BMarks/zdesktop.tmp/store/*’: No such file or directory

mv: cannot stat ‘/home/BMarks/zdesktop.tmp/sqlite/*’: No such file or directory

mv: cannot stat ‘/home/BMarks/zdesktop.tmp/zimlets-deployed/*’: No such file or directory

Zimbra Desktop has been installed successfully for user BMarks.
You can start Zimbra Desktop by double-clicking the desktop icon or by running the following command:

"/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/prism/zdclient" -webapp "/home/BMarks/zdesktop/zdesktop.webapp" -override "/home/BMarks/zdesktop/zdesktop.webapp/override.ini" -profile "/home/BMarks/zdesktop/profile"
Press "Enter" to launch Zimbra Desktop; Press "Ctrl-c" to exit:

cg-l-bmarks-OS:/home/BMarks/Downloads/zdesktop_7_2_1_ga_b11637_linux_i686 #

(zdclient:1983): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",
(zdclient:1983): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",

JETTY_HOME = /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty

JETTY_RUN = /home/BMarks/zdesktop/log

JETTY_PID = /home/BMarks/zdesktop/log/zdesktop.pid

JETTY_CONSOLE = /home/BMarks/zdesktop/log/zdesktop.out

JETTY_ARGS =

CONFIGS = /home/BMarks/zdesktop/jetty/etc/jetty.xml

JAVA_OPTIONS = -client -d32 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xms128m -Xmx512m -Xss150k -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=20 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=40 -XX:NewRatio=4 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=70 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -DSTART='/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty/etc/start.config' -Dzimbra.home='/home/BMarks/zdesktop' -Dzimbra.config='/home/BMarks/zdesktop/conf/localconfig.xml' -Djava.library.path='/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty/../lib' -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.io.tmpdir='/home/BMarks/zdesktop/data/tmp/java' -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=10 -XX:HeapDumpPath='/home/BMarks/zdesktop/heapdump/' -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Djetty.home='/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty'

JAVA = /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/jre/bin/java

Starting Jetty:

Stale pid file removed: /home/BMarks/zdesktop/log/zdesktop.pid

Jetty running pid=2027

nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout

JETTY_ARGS =

JAVA_OPTIONS = -client -d32 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xms128m -Xmx512m -Xss150k -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=20 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=40 -XX:NewRatio=4 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=70 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -DSTART='/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty/etc/start.config' -Dzimbra.home='/home/BMarks/zdesktop' -Dzimbra.config='/home/BMarks/zdesktop/conf/localconfig.xml' -Djava.library.path='/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty/../lib' -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.io.tmpdir='/home/BMarks/zdesktop/data/tmp/java' -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=10 -XX:HeapDumpPath='/home/BMarks/zdesktop/heapdump/' -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Djetty.home='/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty'

Shutting down Jetty: 2027

JETTY_ARGS =

No pid file found: /home/BMarks/zdesktop/log/zdesktop.pid

JETTY_ARGS =

Starting Jetty:

Jetty running pid=2192

nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout
cg-l-bmarks-OS:/home/BMarks/Downloads/zdesktop_7_2_1_ga_b11637_linux_i686 #

Please Help
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

There's no problem installing and running Zimbra Desktop on openSUSE 64bit, I've been using it since somewhere back in 11.x until the current 12.2 release. Did you actually run the first part of the install as root then the second part as the user "BMarks"?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
bazzieb

Post by bazzieb »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]There's no problem installing and running Zimbra Desktop on openSUSE 64bit, I've been using it since somewhere back in 11.x until the current 12.2 release. Did you actually run the first part of the install as root then the second part as the user "BMarks"?[/QUOTE]
Yes, that is what i did. Is that the problem? I tried installing it under my username but it didnt want to.
Richard001

Post by Richard001 »

Did you ever find a solution to the "Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk" problem??

I'm trying to install 7.2.1 on a Suse 11.4 (x86_64) system.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Richard001"]Did you ever find a solution to the "Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk" problem??[/QUOTE]Did you try installing the missing component?
[quote user="Richard001"]I'm trying to install 7.2.1 on a Suse 11.4 (x86_64) system.[/QUOTE]As I said above, I've been using ZD since openSUSE 11.x and not had this problem.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
1113karthickj

Post by 1113karthickj »

I am also facing this same problem in a centos 64 bit environment.

I have tried installing the fix said in Installing Zimbra Desktop on 64bit Linux - Zimbra :: Wiki

still i could not get my zimbra desktop working can anyone suggest me wat to do to install ia32-libs in 64 bit centos so that i could make zimbra desktop work

Thanks in advance

JK :-)