Zdesktop fails to launch in Mint Olivia

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
rixse

Post by rixse »

I experimented installing Zimbra on Ubuntu and could not get it to work. I have been trying in vain now on Mint Olivia. The installation appears to be successful, however towards the end, when it launches the application, it fails. I have also noticed on the desktop the "Zimbra Desktop" icon appears with a lock, which I am unable to launch after I log out and log back in. Apologize for my ignorance. I am a very new user of Linux operating system.

Following is the error, I could capture:

rixse@rixse-DellLtd-D620 /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux $ sudo perl user-install.pl

------------------------------

Choose the folder where you would like to install Zimbra Desktop's user data files, full path please [/home/rixse/zdesktop]:

------------------------------

Choose the folder where you would like to create desktop icon [/home/rixse/Desktop]:

Installing user data files...done

Initializing user data...done

Creating desktop icon...done

mv: cannot stat ‘/home/rixse/zdesktop.tmp/index/*’: No such file or directory

mv: cannot stat ‘/home/rixse/zdesktop.tmp/store/*’: No such file or directory

mv: cannot stat ‘/home/rixse/zdesktop.tmp/sqlite/*’: No such file or directory

mv: cannot stat ‘/home/rixse/zdesktop.tmp/zimlets-deployed/*’: No such file or directory

Zimbra Desktop has been installed successfully for user root.
You can start Zimbra Desktop by double-clicking the desktop icon or by running the following command:

"/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/prism/zdclient" -webapp "/home/rixse/zdesktop/zdesktop.webapp" -override "/home/rixse/zdesktop/zdesktop.webapp/override.ini" -profile "/home/rixse/zdesktop/profile"
Press "Enter" to launch Zimbra Desktop; Press "Ctrl-c" to exit:
rixse@rixse-DellLtd-D620 /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux $

(process:2451): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion `sys_page_size == 0' failed
(process:2451): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion `sys_page_size == 0' failed

/home/rixse/zdesktop/bin/zdesktop: 271: [: Illegal number: $[2063548*1000]

JETTY_HOME = /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty

JETTY_RUN = /home/rixse/zdesktop/log

JETTY_PID = /home/rixse/zdesktop/log/zdesktop.pid

JETTY_CONSOLE = /home/rixse/zdesktop/log/zdesktop.out

JETTY_ARGS =

CONFIGS = /home/rixse/zdesktop/jetty/etc/jetty.xml

JAVA_OPTIONS = -client -d32 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xms32m -Xmx128m -Xss150k -XX:MinHeapFreeRatio=20 -XX:MaxHeapFreeRatio=40 -XX:NewRatio=4 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=70 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -DSTART='/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty/etc/start.config' -Dzimbra.home='/home/rixse/zdesktop' -Dzimbra.config='/home/rixse/zdesktop/conf/localconfig.xml' -Djava.library.path='/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty/../lib' -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.io.tmpdir='/home/rixse/zdesktop/data/tmp/java' -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=10 -XX:HeapDumpPath='/home/rixse/zdesktop/heapdump/' -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Djetty.home='/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/jetty'

JAVA = /opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/jre/bin/java

Starting Jetty:

Jetty running pid=2504

nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout
I will appreciate any assistance. Thank you.
rixse

Post by rixse »

Anybody? Any suggestions? Any idea?
newc

Post by newc »

Hello there,
maybe I'm a bit late with this answer but here it is:
When You start the intallation You should navigate to Your zdesktop....... extracted folder,open a terminal and type: sudo ./install.py

You answer all the usual question,but when it asks you :Do You want to install zdesktop as root user You should ansver with NO.

It will stop the intallation,and now You should procede to install as a regular user ,not the root/superuser with the next command:

/opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/user-install.pl

Then follow the procedure...

It worked for me.
8211davester

Post by 8211davester »

rixse

Post by rixse »

Well I finally got zimbra to work and the solution is on another thread..../opt/zimbra/zdesktop/linux/prism/zdclient: No such file or directory