Trying to install on Vista gives VBScript runtime error

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
5447Jag

Post by 5447Jag »

I have attempted to install Zimbra Desktop on a friends Vista machine multiple times now. The install seems to go fine. I have tried launching it from the checkbox at the end of the install, then not doing that and just clicking on the shortcut. I have tried uninstalling and fresh installing, also repairing. I ran the shortcut target in a dos window to see the error, that error is below
C:Program Filesimbraimbra Desktopwin32zdrun.vbs(250, 1) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'GetObject'
I have used this program for a very long time on my XP machine and know my friend would love it also, after 3 days though I'm about to give up. Has anyone else run into this and have a fix?
Thanks in advance
5447Jag

Post by 5447Jag »

No one has seen this problem?
Roberto Bonalumi

Post by Roberto Bonalumi »

Hello, I have found a similar problem today on my Windows XP system:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'

ActiveX component can't create object 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

After some research, it appeard that the VBscript environment were corrupt. I found that the Scripting.FileSystemObject is included in the Scrrun.dll, located in windowssystem32 folder.
I resolved the problem registering again the dll (regsvr32 C:WINDOWSsystem32scrrun.dll), and Zimbra started working.
Regards