Crap!

(Formally Chit Chat) Anything Goes (Almost). Should be somehow Zimbra or communication related.
Edwin Brokx

Crap!

Post by Edwin Brokx »

:mad:
I tried the community open source version. Installed CentOS 6.5 and installed the open source version. Installation was finished. Entered the password. The webserver for configuring Zimbra did not respond. Reboot and all services failed. ...

Really great stuff!
Ok. . Second option. Install the OVF. OVF installed in VMWare. Configuration page now works, but you need a trial key. I requested the trial key. And off course it is being send as an .xml file that is obviously blocked by Exchange. NOT very usefull to not think about that guys if you want to have people switch from Exchange to Zimbra!!! But oke. Second time i registrered to gmail. Got the xml. Entered it and........ offcourse an error message and the installation cannot continue.
I gave it a try, but this software is Crap.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Crap!

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Edwin Brokx"]I tried the community open source version. Installed CentOS 6.5 and installed the open source version. Installation was finished. Entered the password. The webserver for configuring Zimbra did not respond. Reboot and all services failed. ...

Really great stuff! [/quote]Then you have some configuration issues, installing ZCS on CentOS (or RHEL) is one of the easiest installs if you done the required steps.
[quote user="Edwin Brokx"]Ok. . Second option. Install the OVF. OVF installed in VMWare.[/quote]That's not even a supported product any longer and as far as I know there's no download for it or did you actually get it from the Zimbra site?
I notice that you haven't given any actual details about the problem you've encountered nor have you asked for any help in these forums, did you register just to rant or to get some help?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Edwin Brokx

Crap!

Post by Edwin Brokx »

I am going to install it again. The OVF version i mean. There is not a whole lot that you can misconfigure in a template file offcourse.. I will let you know
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Crap!

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="Edwin Brokx"]I am going to install it again. The OVF version i mean. There is not a whole lot that you can misconfigure in a template file offcourse.. I will let you know[/QUOTE]As I've mentioned, that is not a supported version - you're far better installing on CentOS instead.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Crap!

Post by pup_seba »

Yeah...also "spaghettis are crap". I tried to cook them in the oven you know...with milk instead of water and then after 1.30 hour at 220º no tomatoe sauce magically appear on top of them. As I said...spaguettis are crap too!!!
Sebas
dik23
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Crap!

Post by dik23 »

Well said, Sir !
umarzuki
Advanced member
Advanced member

Crap!

Post by umarzuki »

services not starting usually caused by not enough resources especially RAM. 2GB at least.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Crap!

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="umarzuki"]services not starting usually caused by not enough resources especially RAM. 2GB at least.[/QUOTE]RAM requirements are now higher than that.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
gyaseen

Crap!

Post by gyaseen »

Ok, but Zimbra can run on 1GB too as long as it has not large influx of incoming emails and Jave usage is not sharp
10119metux
Advanced member
Advanced member

Crap!

Post by 10119metux »

Typical java code monkeys are known not to care about resources.
If that situation continues, and the JVM process alone eating up several GB of RAM,

it's understandable that they're only supporting 64bit distros.
By the way: as long as individual process image sizes stay below 4GB, a 32bit userland

would be fine, and in most cases way more memory efficient ... but that's one of the

things java monkey will never understand, as they tend to be totally ignorant towards

hardware and system programming ;-o