Zimbra sold again

(Formally Chit Chat) Anything Goes (Almost). Should be somehow Zimbra or communication related.
nrc

Zimbra sold again

Post by nrc »

I'm a bit puzzled that I haven't seen any mention of the fact that Zimbra has been sold again and broken apart from the former Telligent offerings.  Maybe I missed it but the only thing I've seen on the Zimbra site is the fact that the Telligent stuff just disappeared from the site.
[View:http://investor.synacor.com/releasedeta ... 8079:940:0]
Ok, that's fine.  I must admit that I was never in love with the Telligent stuff anyway.  However, it would be nice to hear a bit more about plans for Zimbra as a stand alone product.  It's not clear to me from the news stories whether Syncor plans to continue to market Zimbra Network Edition as a product in it's own right or whether they plan to focus it as an ISP solution.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra sold again

Post by phoenix »

You're a bit late for that news, there's a blog entry and some comments in the forums on that fact. You might get some more information when the deal is actually completed, it takes up to forty five days to complete the deal (it tells you that in the link you've posted) after the announcement was made - until that's complete nothing will be announced/released/discussed.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
nrc

Zimbra sold again

Post by nrc »

Thanks. Credit the convoluted layout of the forum for not seeing the mention here. Hopefully the change will bring back the old forum software.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Zimbra sold again

Post by phoenix »

These forums are not 'convoluted' they're utterly broken. :), yes hopefully the forums will be moved to something more useful.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra