Just seems like yesterday

(Formally Chit Chat) Anything Goes (Almost). Should be somehow Zimbra or communication related.
strengthandmind

Just seems like yesterday

Post by strengthandmind »

Good day all,

After a very long hiatus, due to personal issues, am looking to join the Zimbra community again :o

As the late Prince would say 'formally known as UxBoD' :?

Have tried to sign into my old account but as no longer have the associated email am unable to access it; though perhaps a fresh start is a good place to be like all things in life.

Hope Phoenix & Jorge are well, and by the looks of things, have been doing amazing work :D

Have just spun up a local VM @ home to see how the installation process has changed to what I remember; all good :) Now to find a European cloud platform where I can spin up a public facing instance that won't break the bank!

Hope all are safe and well in these times of unprecedented flux and wish you a very happy weekend.

Peace.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Just seems like yesterday

Post by phoenix »

Hi Phil

Good to see you again, how are you doing? Still using ZCS?

Obviously I'm still here but Jorge is no longer working for Zimbra but he does still post occasionally.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
strengthandmind

Hi Bill,

and appreciate your reply ole friend; and yes okay, and wish likewise, this pandemic has thrown a very harsh curvball to many :(

I have not touched ZCS in probably four years but feel that time is about to change :D Have been in a corporate world of using many messaging platforms, including what we use @ home, but now the dust has started to settle need to take back control.

Going to stand up a cloud VM(s) somewhere and start to re-aquiant myself again especially as the anti-SPAM tech has moved on leaps and bounds as-well.

Hopefully I can share a new ZCS journey, as certainly enjoyed the last one, and was very grateful to have been included as a Moderator to help others.

Have a fantastic weekend,

Best - Phil
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

Hi Phil,

Welcome back!

I have several customers on VMs hosted on Linode.com They have data centers in London and Frankfurt, so you can choose to Brexit or not as you wish.

All the best,
Mark
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Yes, the Pandemic certainly is an experience and in concert with Brexit the UK certainly is living in interesting times. I have to mention the election of Johnson, his and the government's behaviour certainly makes the French look good. :shock:

Anyway, back to more sensible matters. I guess you've seen that a ZCS 9 build is available? There's also a ZCS9 RHEL/centos8 build from ZeXtras and it looks good so far but it's early testing days and I need to see how Rspamd fits in there.

Have a good week-end and I hope the sun is shining where you are.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
strengthandmind

Hi Mark :)

Hope all is well friend and thank you for the lovely welcome.

And yes Bill have seen ZCS9 but not available as a OSS download yet?

For me small steps and understand the landscape again especially with so many changes.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Peace and safe to all
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Yes, the Zextras build and the one from Beezim are both built from the ZCS 9 source code and therefore freely available to install and use.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
strengthandmind

Should I enable the ZCS repo for update Bill ? if so probably best I re-install :D
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

You should have been asked when you installed it if you wanted to use the ZCS repo.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi Phil,
Still here, reading more than writing, yesterday did a video about how to install Zimbra 9 OSE (ZX build) and make a video, it is in Spanish, but you are always welcomed to open it on chrome so it does auto-translate.

Honestly, I can see light at the end of the tunnel, with these new builds from Zextras or Beezim, as long as they add some extra value after, and some sort of support as well. I can totally see a Community version, hopefully we can even call it again Zimbra Community Edition from Partners, and then let Zimbra do whatever they want with the paid edition.

If Forums, and Zimlet gallery (zimbra.org) and other community aspects were managed and hosted by the Community even better, but having a Community build, to me, it is huge win (a win Synacor will miss)

So far, happy to have you back!
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/