HTTP ERROR 502

xtpeloco

HTTP ERROR 502

Post by xtpeloco »

HTTP ERROR 502
Problem accessing ZCS upstream server. Cannot connect to the ZCS upstream server. Connection is refused.
Possible reasons:

upstream server is unreachable
upstream server is currently being upgraded
upstream server is down

Please contact your ZCS administrator to fix the problem.
Powered by Nginx-Zimbra://

tras reiniciar el equipo de una maquina virtual proxmox, me encuentro que me da este error, le echo de todo, he parado servicios y reiniciado, ya no se que mas hacer.
innovativeshadow
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.7.0.GA.1659.UBUNTU14.64 FOSS

Re: HTTP ERROR 502

Post by innovativeshadow »

Hi I don't know was this fixed for you or not, I would like to post the reply so others can view this.

I got the same error, but after surfing I was unable to find the perfect answer.

Here is one of the solutions, of course there could be some other reasons too.

Check what port the zimbra is listening to, to do this:
as zimbra user type:
zmprov -getAllReverseProxyBackends

Check which port is being used, then type the url with the right port number.

(Ref: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zmprov => Server Provisioning Commands in the table)

I don't know how to change this port, even though i tried in admin console It was unsuccessful.

Hope it helps!
Regards
Ram S
gfernandez

Post by gfernandez »

Ese es el error mas jodido de todos.
¿Que pasa?
Zimbra trabaja con "2 servidores" por decirlo de una manera, por un lado el CORE (que es el que hace la magia) y por otro lado un GUI (interfaz web)
Este GUI es controlado por medio de un servicio de proxy inverso llamado NGINX. Nginx una vez que tiene un timeout con el core te devuelve ese error.
Como bien dice, es un problema desconocido, puede ser que este corriendo una tarea y demore, por lo que tenes que esperar, puede ser que estes siendo atacado con un DDOS y demore, puede ser que otro servicio te levanto el puerto 80 y te este haciendo conflicto, etc.
Por lo tanto, no hay una "solucion" al error 502. Siempre esta el bueno y querido zmcontrol restart pero ta
evpill

Post by evpill »

To sure if anyone found an answer to this. I was having this issue upon rebooting my server. I noticed that my BIOS didn't save the date and time, upon correcting the date and time on the machine and rebooting it no longer had the issue.

Just in case this helps anyone, in the future.
racerock

Post by racerock »

you don’t specify many details but if its a 16.04 see my post regarding /opt/zimbra/zmstat
I noted on Ubuntu 16.04 zimbra 8.71 > i also got HTTP 502 and 504 errors as the io load was so heavy as it was creating ... then g-zipping files upwards of 10 / 20 GB after about 20 minutes I could log in
gvillaranw

Post by gvillaranw »

i got the this problem today after 60 days running normal, im using ubuntu 16.04 and zimbra 8.7.1_GA_FOSS, i have tried several thins that found on thw web but nothing could correct the problem, if anyone can help me would be great.