Android activesync: one way calendar

Take your Zimbra with you!
bluefox112

Post by bluefox112 »

Hi,
I'ved been trying Zimbra NE. I got my Android device (HTC Desire fw 2.2) to sync with Zimbra. I tried synching just the calendar, and I did get my new Zimbra appointements on the Android device.
But when I deleted one of the appointements from the Android device, it didn't get deleted from the Zimbra calendar (even after a few refreshes).
It seems I accomplished a one way sync from Zimbra to Android. Is this what I can expect, or is there a trick I don't know about?
brian-aac

Post by brian-aac »

I am having the same issues with a Samsung Galaxy running 2.1 and Zimbra NE 6.0.9
afalt

Post by afalt »

I am having the same issues with a LG Optimus One running android 2.2 and Zimbra NE 6.0.10
xeon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by xeon »

Phone: HTC ThunderBolt 4G

Exchange ActiveSync

Zimbra 6.0.8 NE

Using Outlook Connector
Sync problems with calendar I have found so far:

- Modify reminder on phone event clears Zimbra reminder
Some weird things going on. HTC problem possibly?
I just tested deleting calendar event on phone and it did delete it without a hitch on Zimbra so that sync works okay for me.
I will keep updating this post with my findings.
I am updating to 7.0.1 in the next few weeks. Hopefully that will clear up these problems and viewing HTML emails on the phone.
brian-aac

Post by brian-aac »

We have upgraded our server to 7.0.1 and still are having issues with Samsung Galaxy's not sending calendar items created on the Galaxy to the Zimbra server. Calendar items from the server to the Galaxy work fine.
ejittles

Post by ejittles »

I have an HTC Evo w/ the Zimbra [Edit]version and OS[/Edit] in my profile. I am not having any sync issues with the calendar or contacts. I am, however, using Cyanogen mod and not the stock HTC Sense. I didn't have any problems with Zimbra 6.0 either.
I post this in the hopes of helping you rule out a problem on the Zimbra side of the equation.
jerryboi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jerryboi »

What exactly do you mean by "Zimbra settings in my profile"? I need to set up a samsung galaxy android phone that comes with some sort of a mime client... at least it has 'set up an exchange account' option. I wonder what that is and whether or not it works with zimbra (NE).
ejittles

Post by ejittles »

Sorry, I meant "Zimbra version in my profile" which I believe is Zimbra Network Edition "7.1.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 x64." Sorry for the confusion, last week was a rough week and I am still recovering.
I have not used Samsung Android phones. I have used HTC Sense's mail client as well as the AOSP email application. Both handled Zimbra just fine.
Have you tried adding an event and seeing if it appears on the Zimbra web client? Also, if you go to Cyanogenmod.com you can find a link to the AOSP google apps and extract the Email.apk from there. You can install that and see if you have problems with it. If that works, I would say it is a bug with Samsung's email client.
ASIMichael

Post by ASIMichael »

I also am having same problem

I can receive new events from zimbra to phone in calender but if I move the event in zimbra no change to phone.

If I edit an event or create new on phone it does not update zimbra.

Everything else seems to be working..
Sprint HTC EVO Hardware V003

Android v 2.3.3

Kernel 2.6.31.10
ASIMichael

Post by ASIMichael »

[quote user="ASIMichael"]I also am having same problem

I can receive new events from zimbra to phone in calender but if I move the event in zimbra no change to phone.

If I edit an event or create new on phone it does not update zimbra.

Everything else seems to be working..
Sprint HTC EVO Hardware V003

Android v 2.3.3

Kernel 2.6.31.10[/QUOTE]

As info.

I talked to HTC about the phone not pushing back calendar updates.

After testing it was recommend that I default the OS on the phone back to factory and not delete/erase the SD card.

After setting up a new exchange zimbra account the phone now has 2way sync working correctly .