Mobile Setup

Take your Zimbra with you!
Coilcore
Advanced member
Advanced member

Mobile Setup

Post by Coilcore »

I'm currently running a multinode ZCS installation with no ports directly exposed. There is a fairly complex integration with a CRM system which proxies the web side of things and the MTA is a secondary behind our primary MTA's in the DMZ. That all works just fine.
Doing development/experimentation has never been a problem because our development clients are inside the firewall.
Now I'd like to experiment a bit with the mobile side of ZCS. Unfortunately I can't do much without starting to pop holes in the firewall because the 'client' is a mobile device on a cell phone network and therefore outside the firewall.
So I have a bunch of questions:

1) Since I'm running a multinode configuration what do I do for server name? Can I simply use the common CNAME shared by all the nodes?
2) I notice that there is an IMAP proxy installed (perdition), is this setup and configured by default?
3) Does the proxy require that I have different external IP addresses and DNS entries for each node? My quick experiments of trying to login to different nodes seems to just reply with NO [REFERRAL imap://email%40domain@othernode/] login failed
4) What ports will I need to open? I don't know much about MAPI (since it appears to want to use the Exchange configuration), but is it safe to assume its the standard IMAP ports (143, 993)?

Coilcore
Advanced member
Advanced member

Mobile Setup

Post by Coilcore »

I answered most of my questions by readingthe Zimbra wiki page at
Doh">http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title= ... _Perdition
Doh.