Samsung Blackjack

Take your Zimbra with you!
vshah
Advanced member
Advanced member

Samsung Blackjack

Post by vshah »

Anyone successfully used a Blackjack with Cingular in Zimbra Mobile? The only reference to it is in:
but">http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread ... =blackjack
but that wasn't a success story as much as an issue.
As a secondary question: Zimbra mobile isn't true "push" is it?
Klug
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: All of them

Samsung Blackjack

Post by Klug »

[quote user="vshah"]Zimbra mobile isn't true "push" is it?[/QUOTE]

It's not push (at all) yet.
vshah
Advanced member
Advanced member

Samsung Blackjack

Post by vshah »

Thanks. Too bad it's not true push. Hopefully that feature's in the offing.
I'm hoping someone still responds in the positive about the Blackjack since that's a WM5 device and should work but it's not listed as a supported device on the Zimbra Mobile page.
jeckman

Samsung Blackjack

Post by jeckman »

I am using a BlackJack with Zimbra Mobile - over the air sync for calendar items, email, and contacts.
My only complaint is that the BlackJack can't access the Global Address List - it syncs my contacts but only those in my personal address book, not the GAL the server provides.
vshah
Advanced member
Advanced member

Samsung Blackjack

Post by vshah »

Well, that's good to hear (even without the GAL). Can other mobile devices sync the GAL (or give users the option?)
jrosen

Samsung Blackjack

Post by jrosen »

We are successfully using BlackJack's with Zimbra mobile in our office. We use an outside hosted solution for Zimbra.

QUESTION: When sending email from the BlackJack, after sending, the email does not appear in the sent box on the BlackJack. The sent box always remains empty. But, the sent email does appear in our desktop computers sent box. What's up? Any ideas?
1230zaf
Advanced member
Advanced member

Samsung Blackjack

Post by 1230zaf »

[quote user="vshah"]Well, that's good to hear (even without the GAL). Can other mobile devices sync the GAL (or give users the option?)[/QUOTE]
When you're using NotifyLink as the go-between between Zimbra and your device, then you can access the GAL
vuongpham

Samsung Blackjack

Post by vuongpham »

[quote user="jrosen"]We are successfully using BlackJack's with Zimbra mobile in our office. We use an outside hosted solution for Zimbra.

QUESTION: When sending email from the BlackJack, after sending, the email does not appear in the sent box on the BlackJack. The sent box always remains empty. But, the sent email does appear in our desktop computers sent box. What's up? Any ideas?[/QUOTE]
Solution:

Windows Mobile and activesync.

If you wish to see items synced in any given folder i.e. the "sent folder"

You will need to "manage folder".
Choose menu "manage folder" with your mobile device and manage folder.

This will enable items to be seen. Caveat: items are seen within the filter specified under your activesync setting. Under server settings for email.

e.g. how many days are sync'd.

What size messages are sync'd etc.
As soon as you mange a folder you will have it sync to the server and you will see your recent sent items (as in the example from above)
-

vp
jrosen

Samsung Blackjack

Post by jrosen »

That worked great. Many thanks for the tip. I got it working with the sent folder, but it doesn't seem to work with other personal email folders I have set up in my Zimbra email client. Any ideas?
vuongpham

Samsung Blackjack

Post by vuongpham »

I think it is an aggregate issue...

I would test this.

1. manage another sub-folder

2. send new message that will auto-file (filter) to that folder

3. sync the handheld.
That will test it, because your messages in the sub-folder might be too old such that your sync settings won't see the messages.
good luck