SyncML SyncML SyncML

Take your Zimbra with you!
roli8200

SyncML SyncML SyncML

Post by roli8200 »

Hello
I've already posted this at the sync4j but I would like to get a clear answer.

We're currently evaluating Zimbra NE. Is Syncml avialable for the NE edition? If not, when will this become avialable? Its a MUST for us because many have syncml enabled devices but not activesync.

Whats the current state of the SyncML Support?
Regards
Roland Kaeser
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

SyncML SyncML SyncML

Post by phoenix »

The quick answer is, no, it's not available yet - there's no timeline I can give you I'm afraid.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
roli8200

SyncML SyncML SyncML

Post by roli8200 »

If syncml isn't working yet. I would like to develop a connector for Funambol if somebody could mentor me. I'm a experienced Java Programmer so I think it's possible to get a working connector within weeks.
Roland Kaeser
JoshuaPrismon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

SyncML SyncML SyncML

Post by JoshuaPrismon »

[quote user="roli8200"]If syncml isn't working yet. I would like to develop a connector for Funambol if somebody could mentor me. I'm a experienced Java Programmer so I think it's possible to get a working connector within weeks.
Roland Kaeser[/QUOTE]
Cool stuff. I've never heard of Funambol before.
I think it's probably time for the community to start stepping and doing projects and adding value to Zimbra long these lines.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

SyncML SyncML SyncML

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="roli8200"]If syncml isn't working yet. I would like to develop a connector for Funambol if somebody could mentor me. I'm a experienced Java Programmer so I think it's possible to get a working connector within weeks.[/QUOTE]That might be a good idea, unfortunately I'm not a coder so it'll have to be some other community members that help you with that.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
roli8200

SyncML SyncML SyncML

Post by roli8200 »

Hello
Sounds great. Can You ev. establish the contacts so I can start with work?
Many thanks
Roland Kaeser
joukom

SyncML SyncML SyncML

Post by joukom »

Not a programmer myself either, especially with Java, but from what I've played with the issue I'd say it would be easiest to start with Funambol Exchange connector. It uses WebDAV to talk to Exchange, and AFAIK Zimbra provides same interfaces. It might be as easy as just modify configuration UI to configure correct paths (it looks like the http uris are hard-coded in Exchange connector).
There was a mention of Exchange connector supporting also Zimbra in some version of Ex-connector documentation, but it did not specify how to configure it. At least I couldn't make it work.
If you/someone starts to look at it, I'd be happy to help with testing etc.
roli8200

SyncML SyncML SyncML

Post by roli8200 »

Hello
Does the Exchange Connector also work for contacts (addressbook)?

Phoenix can You ev. provide me with the correct WebDav etc. configurations? I will try to configure it or change the exchange connector sourcecode.
Thansk
Roland Kaeser
joukom

SyncML SyncML SyncML

Post by joukom »

AFAIK the Exchange connector syncs with calendar, addressbook, mail and possibly tasklist.
EDIT: Sorry, got a bit carried away... according to connector documentation, it has Calendar, Contact, Note and Task SyncSources, so no email. That can be done via the normal email connector that uses IMAP.
roli8200

SyncML SyncML SyncML

Post by roli8200 »

>AFAIK the Exchange connector syncs with calendar, addressbook, mail and possibly >tasklist.

Yes, I know this, but are this information offered by Zimbra via Dav?
Roland