Iphone, Tasks and Shared Calendars

Take your Zimbra with you!
OfMacAndMen

Postby OfMacAndMen » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:15 am

We have been using Zimbra for over 3 years and love it.... But we have had some issues lately! We have Zimbra Pro 5.0.9 running on a Ubuntu 6 Server.
iPhone issues we have experienced has not also been an Zimbra issue. Such as now being limited to only one Exchange account after the iPhone 2.1 updated. Also we have looked high and low for a way to share calendars and view tasks via the iPhone. We have a owner who gave his wife an account on the Zimbra to share his calendar and her home calendar. While they have Admin permission on each others cals they can't edit, add or change except from the Zimbra Desktop or Web. By the way neither of them like to ZD or online version and use Outlook '07 and iPhone MS Exchange.
We are looking at Toodledo but will cost him another $625 year just to manage tasks. He just signed a 3 year Zimbra Contract and is not very happy that he can't use what he already has!! He has also asked about Kerio MailServer.
I do not want to leave Zimbra but I also don't what to lose a customer.
ANY SUGGESTION PLEASE
Thank You!

uxbod
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby uxbod » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:37 am

Please vote for Bug 30950 - iphone: sync with shared contacts and calendars, and on the tasks note the iPhone does not currently have a facility for these anyway so not really Zimbras fault ;)
1539dmg

Postby 1539dmg » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:24 pm

Is there a workaround for this? We need to have the ability to view and modify shared calendars on the iPhone. iCal and Webmail work fine, but the calendar does not sync to the iPhone.
Any help is appreciated.
OfMacAndMen

Postby OfMacAndMen » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:31 pm

The way we got around this was with MobileMe. We created a shared user calendar and connect it to everyone's iPhone.
traveler400

Postby traveler400 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:40 pm

I need to be able to do this, anyone have any luck with a solution?
dpmchris
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby dpmchris » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:08 pm

This is an old posting, so you may be better served by starting a newer thread.
Shared calendars can be subscribed using CalDAV on iPhone 3.x, or subscribed ics cals. Tasks? I'm not sure, iPhone doesn't have a tasks app. Contacts, also not sure, may need to see if CardDav is supported on Zimbra or iPhone.
Once again, I recommend creating a thread with your particular question.
--

Chris
Aderium
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby Aderium » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:35 am

If you are interested in Tasks access you can look at Aderium Companion for Zimbra iPhone app at App Store
Aderium Companion for Zimbra for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Return to “Mobility”