Continue Search on Server - iPhone ActiveSync Support?

Take your Zimbra with you!
BarefootPanda
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby BarefootPanda » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:02 am

To continue this conversation, is this issue the reason users are unable to search or retrieve older email on their iPhones?
Users will file away old emails for safe keeping, but on their iPhones they are not unable to retrieve old emails.

tkomatsu

Postby tkomatsu » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:49 am

We have a big customer in Japan.

Zimbra is ignoring the search request from iPhone.

The key person is very angry about this.

I'll push Zimbra support.
tkomatsu

Postby tkomatsu » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:53 am

[quote user="BarefootPanda"]Second. This seems like a major issue along with flag support. As a recent Kerio migrator these are two issues my users immediately noticed.[/QUOTE]

Regarding flag, also my customer's key person is very angry about that.

If you know bugzilla number for that, can you put it here?
BarefootPanda
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby BarefootPanda » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:18 am

Following up...has this been addressed in 7.2? This would be the main reason for us updating so soon after release.
tkomatsu

Postby tkomatsu » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:45 pm

[quote user="BarefootPanda"]Following up...has this been addressed in 7.2? This would be the main reason for us updating so soon after release.[/QUOTE]
No. This feature is not available with 7.2.0.

I've confirmed with my Zimbra 7.2.0 with IPhone 4s.
fredarin

Postby fredarin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:47 am

Have to say I am pretty stunned if there is no support for server search of email through ActiveSync on iOS. A reasonable workaround is configuring ActiveSync for calendar and email through IMAP - it seems.
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Postby ewilen » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:14 pm

[quote user="tkomatsu"]Regarding flag, also my customer's key person is very angry about that.

If you know bugzilla number for that, can you put it here?[/QUOTE] As mentioned earlier in the thread: Bug 63365 - Add the ability to "continue search on server" to Zimbra Mobile Sync
[quote user="fredarin"]Have to say I am pretty stunned if there is no support for server search of email through ActiveSync on iOS. A reasonable workaround is configuring ActiveSync for calendar and email through IMAP - it seems.[/QUOTE] Yes, that's pretty much the workaround I'd use if I needed to search frequently. But you could also just use the mobile web interface from your device on an ad-hoc basis. The bug mentioned above has been marked FIXED and comments in the bug indicate that the fix will appear in ZCS 8.
EDIT: To be clear, the support is there on iOS, and it has been tested with ZCS 8; see comment 37 in the bug.
robinr

Postby robinr » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:32 am

When I try the continue search on server, It can never find any mail, neither on iPhone nor Android.
I'm not sure if it is related, but I could not find any mail with the date search in the web ui until I changed the language to Swedish.

It's not obvious to me it a similar workaround exists for ActiveSync on iPhone or Android (Samsung Galaxy SII).

My mail were imported from the old server with imapsync.

Return to “Mobility”