Beware of iOS7 upgrade, problems sending e-mails

Take your Zimbra with you!
1048cvidal
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 1048cvidal »

I just received reports from different customers having issues when sending e-mails after upgrading to iOS7. It happens with all e-mail providers, Zimbra too. When it doesn't work, the symptoms can be one of the following :
- The connection to the SMTP server fails

- The e-mails are blocked in the outgoing queue and are sent multiple times
For some people the problem comes and goes. Some report that disabling the WiFi fixes the problem (!?). Other have reported success after removing the account, reboot, create the account, but then in blocks again a few hours later.
In short, it smells like a bug in iOS7. If you have not upgraded yet, wait for a while ...
rotorboy
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by rotorboy »

[quote user="1048cvidal"]I just received reports from different customers having issues when sending e-mails after upgrading to iOS7. It happens with all e-mail providers, Zimbra too. When it doesn't work, the symptoms can be one of the following :
- The connection to the SMTP server fails

- The e-mails are blocked in the outgoing queue and are sent multiple times
For some people the problem comes and goes. Some report that disabling the WiFi fixes the problem (!?). Other have reported success after removing the account, reboot, create the account, but then in blocks again a few hours later.
In short, it smells like a bug in iOS7. If you have not upgraded yet, wait for a while ...[/QUOTE]
Have you had any luck getting iOS7 SMTP working on Zimbra servers? We have a number of clients that still cannot send. They've tried deleting their outgoing settings and re-adding it in but so far that hasn't helped.
amayamartin82

Post by amayamartin82 »

Me and my friends often face similar kind of bug while using smartphones of a very popular brand with android operating system. Amazed to see that even iOS faces such issues.
kidrock1990

Post by kidrock1990 »

so what should we do? wait for fixed buga on ios7 or i should take any action?