Aderium Companion for Zimbra - Native iPhone App for Files, Docs, & Tasks

Take your Zimbra with you!
oetiker
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 10.0.6.GA.4518.UBUNTU20_64

Post by oetiker »

I have the same problem. I use zimbra 5.0.20 ne. (error is: Authentication Error Please check your credentials). With my zimbra 6.0.3 installation the application works.
Aderium
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Aderium »

Moetiker,

We are about to release ver 1.2 which addresses parsing with domain setting that may help the Authorization errors. We noticed that where http(s)://webmail.example.com works, http(s)://webmail.example.com/ does not.
Is this the case ?
oetiker
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by oetiker »

there was no trailing / in my configuration.
12237Dirk
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by 12237Dirk »

[quote user="Aderium"]Dirk,
What Character set does Zimbra support besides UTF-8 ? I wonder if this is a character set issue in a character in the password[/QUOTE]
As far as I know the passwords are sent in UTF8 only but I'll try to find a reference to confirm/deny that.
Aderium
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Aderium »

As far as we know there are no differences in 5.0.20 and 6.x versions as far as authentication, but we are seeing some users having trouble authenticating. As far as I know there are no limitations in the amount of characters or characters type in a password as long as the follow UTF-8 format.

Moetiker any updates on your end ?
Aderium
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Aderium »

As our app continues to be adopted by the Open Source and NE community we are receiving more feedback. Besides all the positive feedback and request enhancements, we are noticing a small number of users affected by Authentication Errors.
So far it seems that the users affected are the ones that are deploying 5.0.x Zimbra servers. Within version 5 there are many minor updates and it seems that the versions affected so far are 5.0.10 & 5.0.16. If I did not mention your version please report back.
We would also like to see feedback of users with working versions of 5.x
We guide these affected users through the usual steps of checking their settings.
In the process we realized that users affected that are sys admins or that can contact sys admins should ask them to check the audit.log for any errors. or authenitcation of users login in with the iPhone app. /opt/zimbra/log/audit.log
Report your logs that can help.
We are in the process of setting up vps for those particular Zimbra GA versions in our test environments and post feedback.
Also version 1.2 is passing beta with some bug fixes and updates, will post as soon as ready!!

Regards,
oetiker
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by oetiker »

I have the error with the version 5.0.20 and 5.0.21
Aderium
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Aderium »

Can u check the /opt/zimbra/audit.log for authentication and report back what is states for these servers ? also is it far any user or a particular user
Aderium
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Aderium »

For those that are having "Authentication Errors" with ver 5.x please do the following
zmprov aal user@domain.com zimbra.security debug

zmprov aal user@domain.com zimbra.soap debug
as per instructions at Ajcody-Logging - Zimbra :: Wiki
Look for INFO [btpool0-8] [ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;] SoapEngine - handler exception: authentication failed for "user", invalid password

in /opt/zimbra/log/audit.log or /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log
We think this is the error that is causing issue with your accounts, please confirm. We think we are on the right trail....
Aderium
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Aderium »

The "Authentication Error" saga for users of Zimbra 5.0.x seems to continue but today is a day of good news for Zimbra and so even we in our little made some steps forward :). Thanks to Nicolas we have identified and issue with ASCI-2 text encoding and we have changed some authentication calls to UTF-8 (doh!!). This seems to resolve at a minimum, outstanding authentication errors for non US characters.
So we submitted to Apple our Aderium Companion for Zimbra iPhone app version 1.2 (which actually includes also updates we originally expected to ship in 1.3 ).
We believe that the update will be available for everyone free of charge as usual by the end of the week , so hang in tight, download the update and give us FEEDBACK!! :)
Now to the next steps. We will keep you posted.