Question about iphone and exchange (outlook)

Take your Zimbra with you!
danscout

Post by danscout »

Just wondered is the no way to get the exchange to work, have tried and tried with the open source. I was planning to have my private mailserver, where we could have the possibilities for sharing calendars and have our emails on our mobiles.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

EAS is not available for the Open Source edition of ZCS, it's a Network Edition feature (i.e. paid-for). There are alternatives such a teh ZeXtras packages if you only have a small number of users but that's also paid-for but it's a great and cost effective product, I use it and it has more features than just the EAS functions.You could have found this information by looking at the product feature comparisons or just a search of the forums.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
danscout

Post by danscout »

Thanks for that Phoenix.

When I looked at it and saw the "end-user Benefits" (Mobile - Wireless devices "over the air" synchronization: Blackberry (via partner solutions), Palm, Nokia, Motorola, Good, PocketPC, etc.) .... I assumed it included the iphone and things like that.

But thanks for the information about ZeXtras, i will definately have a look at this.

Primary its for my wife and I and 2 other people (with a few domains).

Im also hosting some scouting domains, but thats not for the online sync, thats only for distibutionlists.

Thanks again for your time.
danscout

Post by danscout »

ohh just thought of another thing that im not sure of, is it possible to have 2 open source servers that are connected (back up if one server goes down) ?

Have tried to see if i could find it, but havent really found anything.