Tables unusable

A Forum to provide feedback, and report issues about Zimbra Desktop Beta or Release Candidate versions
william

Tables unusable

Post by william »

1. Have you tried inserting a table? I get cells so tiny I can't place the cursor in them. They enlarge when I type in a cell but I can't place the cursor in the particular cell I want to type in.

2. I can't select multiple cells to set their properties, as I did in 7.2.8, e.g., I could drag to select a column or row or part thereof and then use the Cell Properties dialog, but not now in 7.3. I CAN select the text in multiple cells but the Cell Properties dialog doesn't change or set anything unless I do just one cell at a time. This is a show-stopper for me, I can't work like that, using the dialog separately on every cell in the rows and/or columns I need to set up.
A work-around that might be OK is if pasting a table retained the original table's properties (borders, alignment, etc.).

3. Can no longer tab from cell to cell or to add cells at the end of the table. Tab only inserts tab stops inside the cell you're in, which isn't of much use.

4. Within a table, up and down arrow keys move the cursor horizontally, not vertically.
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Tables unusable

Post by PriteshGajjar »

We have a bug for this issue. Can you try opening ZD in browser and see if you can do desired table operations?
william

Post by william »

Not sure what it means to open the desktop app in a browser. Opening my account at zimbra.xmission.com in IE11 gets me Zimbra 8.7.4_GA_1730 where my table operations and all the other operations I'm used to work fine. Is that what you meant?
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

Go to "Setup" link on right top corner and there you will option of opening zd in browser("Open in web browser")
william

Post by william »

Ah, OK, didn't know we could do that. Still have all the same table issues except that inserting a new table gives proper-sized cells that I can type into.

By the way, launching the desktop in my default browser (IE11) gives a garbled and unusable UI. Copying the "open in web browser" link from the setup screen and opening in Chrome is fine.