How to activate Chat

All around Zimbra Chat, give us your feedback, questions and ideas
sb0373

How to activate Chat

Post by sb0373 »

Hi there,

I appear to have a really stupid question... How do I activate and use Zimbra Chat? I have updated the server and also added the Zimbra Chat on update. But I see no indication anywhere on the chat client. In Admin, it lists the Chat Zimlet activated. That's it. Nothing on the web client.

Thanks and best wishes,

Stefan
scantec
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: How to activate Chat

Post by scantec »

Probably Chat Zimlet is not enabled - check on user zimlets
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

Hello,

First, do you run Zimbra 8.7.6 at least ?

regards,
dnzktlr

Post by dnzktlr »

Hello,

I have the same issue. upgrade the system but there is no chat screen or something. Any one help?
sb0373

Post by sb0373 »

@DualBoot: Yes, I am running 8.7.6

@scantec: the Zimlet is enabled in Admin but no Chat Zimlet does appear on the client side. So that seems to be the issue. I will have a look how to install/reinstall it later on. Thanks for the pointer.

Best wishes,

Stefan
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi guys,
Please check using the Google Developer tools during the load of the webclient, or better on the mailbox.log when the client loads, if something is wrong you should have an error.

Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
sb0373

Post by sb0373 »

@scantec:

Thank you for pointing me into the right direction. This was the obvious error 60cm in front of the screen. I have moved myself out of the default COS so I can test Zimlets a long time ago. So whilst the Zimlet was enabled for all user, my account did not have that one automatically activated....

@dnzktlr:
1. Check if you have the Zimlet appearing in your mailbox settings under Zimlets.
2. If not, check the default COS on the Admin page (Configure)
3. Lastly check if the Zimlet is activated in your personal account on the Admin page (Manage --> Accounts)

If the zimlet is enabled, the chat will load automatically on the bottom right hand side.

Unfortunately, the Chat design does not integrate into the selected design (yet).

Best wishes,

Stefan
acs123

Post by acs123 »

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my Zimbra installation from 8.7.5 to 8.7.7. During the upgrade process, I chose to install Zimbra Chat. I verified that the installer stated that it was installing chat during the upgrade process. The odd thing is though is it doesn't seem to exist at all. The Zimlet doesn't exist in the admin panel (or anywhere else). It's like it doesn't exist. Does anyone have any advice on what I can check? I looked for trouble shooting text but was unable to find any since it is an early beta product.

Thanks in advance! =)
sb0373

Post by sb0373 »

Maybe try to install the zimlet manually from the Zip file. You can find it in the decompressed download in the zimlet folder.

Best wishes,

Stefan
acs123

Post by acs123 »

Unless I am missing something, there is no Zimlet folder in my download tar.gz file that I download from Zimbra. I also looked on my server's file system at /opt/zimbra/zimlets, and there is no chat zimlet installed. Just the normal ones that are always there.