Chat via proxy

All around Zimbra Chat, give us your feedback, questions and ideas
szy_mek

Chat via proxy

Post by szy_mek »

Hey,

I'm having trouble configuring the chat through a proxy server.
My configuration: first proxy server and the second with other services (ldap, mta, mailbox)

I want to have access to chat server via proxy server by client xmpp and www.

How should I set up chat and where to install it?
I have version 8.7.9 updated with 8.6.6
bud

Re: Chat via proxy

Post by bud »

Hello szy_mek!

You must install the Zimbra Chat in any mailbox server, Zimbra chat is a Zimbra extension so it works only with a running mailbox.
Once the extension is enabled (installed while installing/upgrading Zimbra CS) and the Zimlet is deployed and enabled (on coses/users) it will start to work without any configuration.
About the XMPP connections, be sure to expose the 5222/5223 ports of the mailbox.

Have a nice day,
bud
The ZeXtras team
sergiomb

Post by sergiomb »

bud wrote:Hello szy_mek!

You must install the Zimbra Chat in any mailbox server, Zimbra chat is a Zimbra extension so it works only with a running mailbox.
Once the extension is enabled (installed while installing/upgrading Zimbra CS) and the Zimlet is deployed and enabled (on coses/users) it will start to work without any configuration.
About the XMPP connections, be sure to expose the 5222/5223 ports of the mailbox.

Have a nice day,
bud
The ZeXtras team
Hi,
I have the same problem 1 reverse proxy server1 and 2 mail boxes server2 and server3
I test pidgin with my email account and it works when I configure xmpp
with user : domain a set connect server server2 or server3 but not when connect to server1 , and I want people just use the server name of the other service like imap and smtp .

Do I need configure nginx to proxy port 5222 or zimbra-chat should be installed also in server1 ?

Thanks
sergiomb

Post by sergiomb »

some clues from talk copied from IRC [1]

[1]
how it works the zxextras of mailboxs when have a nginx reverse proxy as frontend of 2 mailbox servers ? , how ports of zimbra-chat and zimbra-drive are listen in nginx ?
(02:45:00) ub3g33k: You probably need to set up reverse proxying stanzas in nginx
(03:01:18) sergiomb: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Enabling_Z ... ng_servers
(03:01:47) sergiomb: ub3g33k: something like this for zextras ?