Zimbra & Owncloud with LDAP

All about Zimbra Drive
ednt

Zimbra & Owncloud with LDAP

Post by ednt »

We auth Zimbra against AD which work fine.
We also auth Owncloud against the same AD which work also fine.

The Connection from Zimbra to owncloud works also, but if i login in zimbra and change to Drive.
Zimbra create a new user on Owncloud with a UID as Name.
This Account i cant login direct by owncloud.

By Creating a new Account by login in owncloud and auth against AD the user will be created correct and slo the username is correct.
This i have setup by showing the correct CN in Owncloud (Email as username)

So how i connect correct zimbra 2 owncloud and using the same users ??
leoyip

Re: Zimbra & Owncloud with LDAP

Post by leoyip »

admfd

Post by admfd »

I have a similar problem.
I can authenticate to Zimbra and to Nextcloud with LDAP, but when I connect a external SMB share to Nextcloud, Zimbra drive authentificates to Nextcloud with a internal user, not the LDAP user.
The problem is that Zimbra drive does not see the SMB securitu permissions of the SMB server.
I tried the link that leoyip posted (https://github.com/ZeXtras/zimbra-drive/issues/21) but I get a error while "make all".
If I do not make any changes to the git package, than it makes ok. With the suggested changes I get a error:
[javac] /home/mfdadmin/zimbra-drive/zimbra-extension/src/com/zextras/zimbradrive/NcUserZimbraBackendHttpHandler.java:159: error: cannot find symbol
[javac] AccountToken token = mBackendUtils.getAccountToken(account.getUId(),
[javac] ^
[javac] symbol: method getUId()
[javac] location: variable account of type Account
agbiront

Post by agbiront »

I have the same issue.

The AD on Nextcloud is configured to autheticate based on the mail string, so both entries go to the same UID. But the user is duplicated. When I want to share a file, both users show up, even if I disable one of them.

What I want to achieve is only authenticate Zimbra users. Zimbra autheticates with my AD. If I disable the AD integration on Nextcloud, Zimbra users can log in within Zimbra. Once they are logged in they can log in through Nextcloud directly 'cause the user is created, but when they install the app it fails to sync with a 2-way authentication error.

So, I need both, Zimbra and Nextcloud with AD integration but that way I get duplicated users.
pwalsh

Post by pwalsh »

I have the same issue. Zimbra 8.8.8 and Nextcloud 13. In Zimbra, I have zimbradrive gimlet 2.0.1 and in Nextcloud using zimbra drive 0.8.20

I linked Nextcloud up to Zimbra for LDAP authentication, and that works great. It created all my users, and they can log in fine.

But, if I allow and link Zimbra drive, then I get a new account for the same user. And clearly, these are actually two very separate users and they can't see their files in both ways to access. They see separate files.

Very frustrating. :oops: Is there no fix for this yet??
dajevtic

Post by dajevtic »

If I may share my current experience, it actually seems to be quite possible to integrate Nextcloud (current version) and Zimbra and avoid duplicate user creations...
ldap_config_zimbra_nc.PNG
ldap_config_zimbra_nc.PNG (45.66 KiB) Viewed 34231 times
By adding the "zimbraId" attribute, nextcloud will create the users by the ID attribute, which is the same value that is used by "Zimbra Drive".
I had some problems with existing users (which were created before the LDAP users, but a little bit of tweaking fixed the issue as well)

Kind regards!
sterua

Post by sterua »

Hello dajevtic, where can you set this attribute?
sterua

Post by sterua »

Hey i found this setting.
So now,, zimbra et nextcloud have same users and password, and the data are in the same directory in the nextcloud-data, but, in zimbra webmail, i dont see the file uploading in nextcloud web ui, and in nextcloud, i dont see files uploading in zimbra webmail ui.
did it works for someone ?
guigsilva

Post by guigsilva »

We are trying to make this integration Owncloud/Zimbra but have the same problems here.

Zimbra is authenticating on AD
Owncloud is authenticating on AD

But when users try to use drive Owncloud duplicates the user whith UserId code...

Where is the Internal Username Attribute?

What is the tweaking to the existing users?

Thanks in advance
nicopanpe

Post by nicopanpe »

Good Morning,
has anyone found a solution?