Nextcloud 13

All about Zimbra Drive
hmmblah
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Zimbra 8.8.10_GA_3041

Nextcloud 13

Post by hmmblah »

I've been running Nextcloud 12 with Zimbra 8.8.5 and it's been working great. Yesterday, however, there was a shiny "upgrade to Nextcloud 13" button and I couldn't resist. This of course broke the integration between Zimbra and Nextcloud because the Zimbradrive app in Nextcloud only supports up to version 12. I hadn't rolled this out to my users yet, but was going to roll out to a few users by the end of the week. Those plans are shot now, but I was wondering when we can expect an update to the Zimbradrive app?

https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/zimbradrive

Thanks!
hmmblah
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Nextcloud 13

Post by hmmblah »

I found a work-around. Credit goes to Azylog on github for most of this.

https://github.com/ZeXtras/zimbra-drive/issues/23
Pretty simple : just change lines :
class OC_User_Zimbra extends \OC_User_Backend
to :
class OC_User_Zimbra extends \OC\User\Backend

In 3 files : oc_user_zimbra.php, abstractzimbrausersbackend.php, zimbrausersbackend.php.

I also had to disable autoload check in lib/autoload.php :
// throw new AutoloadNotAllowedException("$fullPath $root");
return true;

because it was failling with :
OCP\AutoloadNotAllowedException: Autoload path not allowed: /var/www/html/nextcloud/apps/zimbradrive/lib/auth/zimbrausersbackend.php in /var/www/html/nextcloud/lib/autoloader.php:134
Only one of those files had that exact line to change so I just searched for \OC_User_Backend in each file. There is a single instance of each, change \OC_User_Backend to \OC\User\Backend. Those files are all under /apps/zimbradrive/lib/auth of your Nextcloud directory.

For the other one, the file is in the lib folder directly in the Nextcloud directory. It's not in lib in the zimbradrive folder. And the file is autoloader.php not autoload.php. Go to line 134 and comment out "throw new AutoloadNotAllowedException("$fullPath $root");" and add a "return true;" after.

Once that is done you need to go into /apps/zimbradrive/appinfo and find the info.xml file. Search for "<nextcloud min-version="9" max-version="12"/>" and change the max-version="12" to max-version="13". Lastly, I had to run "sudo -u apache php occ app:enable zimbradrive" from the nextcloud directory to re-enable zimbradrive in Nextcloud.

This will get you going again if you updated without thinking like me. If you haven't upgraded yet, I'd wait until Zextras releases an updated Zimbradrive app.
FredKarno

Post by FredKarno »

Thanks for posting this. I've been installing Nextcloud from scratch and without the warning I'd have gone straight or NC13.
Good spot!
hmmblah
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by hmmblah »

No problem. I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of response from Zimbra. I don't expect this to be a well supported feature at all. I had issues on our initial install with NC12 and support was no help whatsoever. I was able to get it working thanks to the community, but for an enterprise product with paid support I'm not very happy.

I can see Zimbra not supporting the latest version of NC on release day, but it's been about 8 business days now and not a single reply. Not even a "We know, we're working on it!"
hmmblah
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by hmmblah »

As of 3 hours ago the Zimbra drive app has been updated to work with Nextcloud 13. I was able to successfully update the app to version 0.8.19 and then perform an upgrade of Nextcloud to version 13.0.1. After a restart, Nextcloud and Drive seem to be working correctly.
FredKarno

Post by FredKarno »

Ooh, that's interesting!
How has it been running for you so far? I'm tempted to go at this but my "testing only" server was so useful for my test users that they'd be distressed if I broke it.