No response for Activesync after upgrade

Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 Beta
msquadrat
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: No response for Activesync after upgrade

Post by msquadrat »

This looks like another fallout of the things discussed here. Did you use the proper server name when setting up the ActiveSync connection? Or maybe the Sony phone doesn't send the proper Host header. Thinking about that, maybe adding the Host header value to the nginx.access.log would be a good idea...
wpommier

No response for Activesync after upgrade

Post by wpommier »

Hello

got an empty response from Nginx when trying to connect on Activesync (http/1.1 444) while ZWC or ZCO are working fine.
Both server used were in 8.7.11 and then upgraded to 8.8.2 and after 8.8.4

Code: Select all

user@domain.com [10/Oct/2017:09:43:19 +0200]  "OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync HTTP/1.1" 444 0 "-" "SonyE2003/4.4.4-EAS-2.0" "-"
is this related to multiple upgrade?
msquadrat
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by msquadrat »

Yes, this is a regression in 8.8 (which AFAIK still isn't officially released) due to some stricter default security settings. You can find some previous discussion about that feature here and as I understood the outcome will this be fixed in an upcoming 8.8 release.

Your post reminded me that I had a change similar to the one I suggested deployed before and I opened a pull request to maybe get it upstream.
wpommier

Post by wpommier »

Thanks for the advise , I added the a zimbraVirtualHostname on my domain with my zimbrahostname and now it's working fine.
Is this a regression? I do not remember having to manage this attribute to use AS. Is this related to Zextras integration?

thnaks