Open Source Downloads link?

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
gbillat
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Re: Open Source Downloads link?

Post by gbillat »

Hello,

This is still an active work-in-progress, and I apologize that the form isn't already bypassed if you've completed it before.

Thanks for your patience!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

It's been like this since 2016 but as Zimbra ignores these forums it's not a surprise that it's not 'fixed' . As it's an Open Source product we shouldn't have to complete a download form if we don't want to, it a waste of time and I don't want to subscribe to your marketing efforts on to unsubscribe when you send me email
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

comradeTJH wrote:This is now 1.5 years old and that form is still in place ...?
You're surprised? Zimbra hasn't shown much interest (and that's being generous) in these forums since Synacor purchased the company.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
axslingr
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 UBUNTU18

Post by axslingr »

Just copy the link to the network edition and take out -NETWORK in the filename.

https://files.zimbra.com/downloads/8.8. ... 145016.tgz

becomes

https://files.zimbra.com/downloads/8.8. ... 145016.tgz

Lance
Martinwiertz
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: V10 FOSS Intalio on Ubuntu20.04

Post by Martinwiertz »

Guys,

Same problem with Zimbra Suite Plus. I have 2 licenses but can’t download. The download page had a form and knows my mailaddress. Refuses to continue. Registring as a new customer is Needed to get software.
Very strange and annoying.
jered
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jered »

We're coming up on two years -- can this form be disabled? It's such a pain to have to fill it out JUST TO DOWNLOAD SECURITY PATCHES.

Please?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

jered wrote:We're coming up on two years -- can this form be disabled?
I don't think there's much enthusiasm for these forums despite various posts to the contrary, if you're not a paying customer they don't seem too interested. Actions speak louder than words but there very few words and never any action. :(
jered wrote:It's such a pain to have to fill it out JUST TO DOWNLOAD SECURITY PATCHES.
Those should, and have been, available via the repository even for the most recent 8.8.8 P4 or are you talking about some other version?
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
jered
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jered »

phoenix wrote:
jered wrote:It's such a pain to have to fill it out JUST TO DOWNLOAD SECURITY PATCHES.
Those should, and have been, available via the repository even for the most recent 8.8.8 P4 or are you talking about some other version?
After my post I learned about the zimbra.org link (https://zimbra.org/download/zimbra-collaboration). I'm still installing from packages rather than building from the repo. I'm still on 8.7 because it's not clear to me that 8.8 is yet ready for primetime.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

jered wrote:After my post I learned about the zimbra.org link (https://zimbra.org/download/zimbra-collaboration). I'm still installing from packages rather than building from the repo.
You were only talking about security updates in your earlier post, those are also available directly from the Zimbra repo.

[quote="jered]I'm still on 8.7 because it's not clear to me that 8.8 is yet ready for primetime.[/quote]I guess that's a joke and I don't think many customers would agree with that comment, I certainly don't but I guess it depends what you mean by 'not ready'.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
axslingr
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU18.64 UBUNTU18

Post by axslingr »

I guess that's a joke and I don't think many customers would agree with that comment, I certainly don't but I guess it depends what you mean by 'not ready'.
I don't agree either. The latest code seems to be stable, at least for me.

Lance