OLD FORUMS

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.7 Network Edition

OLD FORUMS

Post by L. Mark Stone »

Hi Jenn,

Thanks for the reply and for the Community usage tips; very helpful!

All the best,

Mark
15438jhon
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by 15438jhon »

I completely agree with you my friend. I am also worried about that.
dlitovitch

OLD FORUMS

Post by dlitovitch »

I liked the wealth of knowledge on the old forums, and worried that it is now Sept 22nd and I don’t see nearly as much data as the old forum held. Was the import of old forum data successful? Or is this going to take more time as well? I truly do miss the old forum content........
langs
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by langs »

So it's the 23rd now and was really hoping when I came back here I would find the old content. Really unhappy that it hasn't been returned and the credibility of the Telligent take over of Zimbra is now in the gutter with me. It's like all my fears from when Yahoo purchased Zimbra before they sold it to VMWare are now being realised.

My company doesn't need a social platform, it needs an enterprise grade mail platform... please don't confuse the two.
tom@infinityns.ca

OLD FORUMS

Post by tom@infinityns.ca »

I will second this post.. I am really disappointed right now.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

OLD FORUMS

Post by phoenix »

I'd also agree with the post from idiomatically but the sad thing (again) is the lack of updates (i.e. communication) with the ZCS users and the fact that this migration has been planned since earlier this year. :(

Has anyone actually received an email from Zimbra telling them of the new forum location and their login details? When I read the official blog post on the 12th September I understood it to say that we would be receiving all the relevant information that week-end, still nothing - was that the intent? Where is the updates this belated migration?

BTW, the old forums data and structure is being migrated here and should have been completed by yesterday - perhaps the data & structure doesn't like it here either and did a U turn. [:D]
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Clever Flores

OLD FORUMS

Post by Clever Flores »

Every time I migrate old server to Zimbra email, I assure you that the information is not lost; the new server into production only when the data is migrated.
Telligent shows that the community does not care; making these changes, for its social platform
jenneme
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by jenneme »

The timing for this migration was unexpected. We were planning the migration earlier in the year, Bill, when I had you, as our #1 moderator, come into the testing site to check it out. Unfortunately, the migration was put on hold for a number of business reasons. We were planning to start up the mitigation process again later this fall. So, I know this was out of the blue for you - me too. But, I am trying to make this work for all of us. Everyone's feedback is being reviewed by our guys to see if changes can be made without breaking the community.
jenneme
Advanced member
Advanced member

OLD FORUMS

Post by jenneme »

Clever, what do you mean? We care immensely. That is why we are working hard at getting this migration done and done well.
quanah
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

OLD FORUMS

Post by quanah »

There's a relatively "hidden" Announcements link at the top level of these forums, and Jenn posted an update there on Monday. It is extremely hard to find however.
--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect, Symas http://www.symas.com/
OpenLDAP Core team http://www.openldap.org/project/