Five minutes to enter a reply and rich text formatting!

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Why is the default for entering a reply just plain text and it seems to be the default for a new post, can the default be changed to the RTF editor for a reply?
I've just tried to enter replies to several post, hit the reply button and the browser just sat there for five minutes - what's wrong? I also tried to switch to the RTF editor and clicking on the link does nothing until after the aforementioned five minute pause.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
jenneme
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jenneme »

I guess you are blowing up the forums. [li]  I'm not sure why you are having this experience. I've not encountered it before personally. Sounds like a connection issue if your browser is not responding.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

It's not the first time this has happened since I've been on these forums and it's not a connection problem here. I was able to load any other site and forum that I visit without problems, in addition I could load any other page on this site without problems it was just hitting the reply button and it sat there for five minutes doing nothing.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
jenneme
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jenneme »

I'll ask the guys what this could be and follow up with you.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

What about my other question on the RTF editor?
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
pmason
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by pmason »

What browser are you using and do you happen to have the forums open in several tabs at once? Or multiple browser sessions?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Firefox 31 (on openSUSE) and no, in this case just a single tab. Does opening the forums in multiple tabs cause problems? I usually read various threads in different tabs, if it's now restricted to a single tab it isn't very user friendly.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi phoenix,

I had the same problem and I reported to the Team. Is a known issue and we are working to fix that. I strongly recommend you not have more than 5-6 tabs (with community.zimbra.com only, you can have 40 with other webpages without problem), I usually had 10 or more in the old forums too.

Is a Bug opened and the team are working on that.

If you experience that again, please close one tab of community.zimbra.com and check again. I hope that this issue will be fixed soon.

Thank you for your feedback.
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
rhoward
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by rhoward »

Yeah, this is because the system is doing a massive data import right now. We're trying to ingest / import the old forum content as quickly as possible. We've got some people looking at this, but it is likely due to the indexes having to be re-made on the database which is causing some slow downs (that is what I suspect). Data size is not an issue -- we have forums like (http://forums.xbox.com) with WAY more data.