Please post the archived data from the old forums (a zip or tar.gz is acceptable)

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
SnakeDoc

Please post the archived data from the old forums (a zip or tar.gz is acceptable)

Post by SnakeDoc »

I saw someone else already ask for this -- seems reasonable given Telligent claims to have the data already extracted from the old forum, and it's been about 1 month since the old forums was taken down.
Any format would be ok -- be it SQL or raw text. Just kill out the user tables to prevent leaking password hashes or people's profile info.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I'd be surprised if this happened (to say the least), normally when you hit the send button on a forum your post then belongs to "them". I'm always happy to be proved wrong. [:)]
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
rhoward
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by rhoward »

Actually we are looking at options for how to put the old forum data back online as an archive.
Hivos
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by Hivos »

I would rather see the dump imported in a new vBulletin forum that is run by the community since there is a serious lack of democratic decision making regarding the migration of the forum.

Also does anyone know how to speed-up this process, or request the dump- what has been done already?
SnakeDoc

Post by SnakeDoc »

Re: Speed up the process

Telligent must be hand-keying all the data in... otherwise any scripted or even half-manual import should have been finished long ago. Without any actual information from them (other than PR Department filtered half-statements from Jenn and empty promises to get additional information from Rob), we are left guessing in the dark as-to why it's taken a month to get the data imported. My vote at this point, and with no additional information, is on pure incompetence.
rhoward
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by rhoward »

The import completed this weekend (I briefly noted this in the forum). We now have all of the content available both as a read-only version of the old forums and the newly imported content. I posted this earlier: https://community.zimbra.com/zforums914 ... ity-update
Nicole Bruns

Post by Nicole Bruns »

And the read-only forums are now available to view: http://forums.zimbra.com