Censorship

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Censorship

Post by phoenix »

It seems these forums are now being censored, one of my recent posts has been removed.
At least do me the courtesy of telling me what's wrong with the post that's been removed. This was only ever done in exceptional circumstances on the old forums and always with an explanation. I don't believe I've commited any infraction of the forum rules but if I have, which one is it or has it been removed for some other reason?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
SnakeDoc

Censorship

Post by SnakeDoc »

I too have noticed posts suddenly "disappearing"... just another sign of Telligent "not getting it".

Also noticed there is no easy way to get to this forum -- you have to follow some link that Jorge posted in some comment on another forums... otherwise there is no direct link from the support page.
jenneme
Advanced member
Advanced member

Censorship

Post by jenneme »

Bill, what post was it? I did not remove any of your posts. But, maybe an employee moderator did by accident. Please advise.
SnakeDoc

Censorship

Post by SnakeDoc »

Jenn -- not the first time i've seen a post drop off the front page or be hidden. whether you are doing it or not... it's happening... and we're noticing...
jenneme
Advanced member
Advanced member

Censorship

Post by jenneme »

SnackDoc, what posts have disappeared? Maybe they were moved to the appropriate forum section? And that's not true about links to this forums. We have links posted all around our community to help lost members find their way. Maybe they are too subtle?
SnakeDoc

Censorship

Post by SnakeDoc »

I don't know how you expect me to link to them when they are gone.

And no, that small orange image is not good enough... it says nothing about forums, and is buried among a bunch of other clutter. It looks like a link to a phone call page, ticket filing page, or something.

It should say "Zimbra Forums are Here! (but we've lost all your data)". And it should have a link on your Support Forums page. And while I'm at it... why are your forums pages 3 deep from the main community page? That is not a good flow.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Censorship

Post by phoenix »

I'm afraid I don't know which post it is, it's too difficult to follow posts/threads on these forums and especially using a mobile.

The old forums used to have a "soft delete", are you telling me that removed posts get permanently deleted here? That's poor practice, IMO.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
rhoward
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Censorship

Post by rhoward »

No, the forums still do a soft delete. I suspect what is happening is the auto-moderation / anti-spam rules are acting up while we're importing all of the old content. I'm sorry if your content got deleted or moved without you getting notified. I believe we have all of the email notifications disabled while the import is taking place. Ordinarily any time content is moved or deleted you would get an email notification. Nevertheless, I'll check the Spam and Moderation queues.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Censorship

Post by phoenix »

This thread seems to have died. What's happened to my deleted post and has anyone found out which post was removed and why?
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
rhoward
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Censorship

Post by rhoward »

There was nothing in our delete queue. Any chance you remember what the post topic was? I can dig around and see if I can find it if it was moved.