Please leave, trolls.

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
ploeger
Advanced member
Advanced member

Please leave, trolls.

Post by ploeger »

Hi!
I'm always trying to not feed the trolls, but...
Would everyone here, who seemingly is completely devastated about Telligent/Zimbra's current handling of the collaboration product, just. f**. leave?
If you're not happy with where the product is going, how the community is handled, how the bugs are fixed, how [mention:ca8fea2575d649a9926b149790a90b7d:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05]'s hairdo currently is, just leave. You're not bound here. Get the current foss-code from git (that's compiling just fine btw), fork it, create a community and do it better like you said you would. Just don't annoy the people, who still believe in this product and are willing to keep this thing going, anymore.
Thank you.

Kind regards

Dennis

P.S.: Don't expect an answer from me to any troll replies you will proably be posting after I hit the "Post"-button.
SnakeDoc

Please leave, trolls.

Post by SnakeDoc »

Dennis... you very clearly are not understanding the source of the complaints...
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Please leave, trolls.

Post by phoenix »

I don't know why you think you have exclusive right to dictate who should, and should not, comment on these forum. We all have the right to post here and voice our opinions (whether you agree with them, or not) and your very easy answer is to call everyone a troll that doesn't agree with you - very egalitarian. Perhaps you ought to look up the meaning of the word 'forum', it also cover dissenting voices. [;)]
Why do you think you're the only person that cares about the product or these forums?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
metux
Advanced member
Advanced member

Please leave, trolls.

Post by metux »

[QUOTE]

Get the current foss-code from git (that's compiling just fine btw),

[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the ZCS source code ? Well, it does NOT build - for YEARS now.

See my dozens of bug reports, which just got rejected w/ silly excuses.

[QUOTE]

fork it, create a community and do it better like you said you would.

[/QUOTE]

Well, that seems the best option, just fork and ignore the crap coming from Zimbra folks.

In fact, I'm already on it. => https://gitorious.org/open-zimbra

I've tried to stay always ontop of upstream and already fixed the build issues

(which already got rejeced by upstream - they just deny their existence),

but with recent changes (eg. mvn transition) everything got even more broken.
dalmate

Please leave, trolls.

Post by dalmate »

@metux: which version of code you've updated?

I want to fork it too.

Maybe we can collaborated together :)
metux
Advanced member
Advanced member

Please leave, trolls.

Post by metux »

I'm currently working ontop the mainline, regularily rebasing onto it.

Unfortunately, Zimbra folks use one of the most insane SCMs in the world, and therefore don't have things like release tags (pointing to the exact tree of certain release, etc), so it's not entirely trivial to work ontop specific releases.

By the way: just created a mailing list for the OpenZimbra project:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=de# ... pen-zimbra