Change default view behavior on threads

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
iamauser

Post by iamauser »

It could be useful to only see answers to a thread, if the posts set as answers actually made any contextual sense without all the other posts in the thread.
Could it be possible to have the default view for all posts, and allow the user to click on the 'answers only' to hide the non-answer tagged posts? As a technical forum it's very rare that the 'answer' is straightforward without seeing the other posts. 

I'd also like to see a return of a quote feature that is simple to use, links to individual posts, and some sort of code where you can paste log data so it's not formatted to the forum style (and subsequently garbled up with automatic links and such.
And PMs. Bring 'em back. It's dumb that users are forced to place their contact details on a public forum to contact individuals outside of a forum thread.
iamauser

Post by iamauser »

ah, and while you're at it, bring back the hover preview of a thread when you hover over the title. This is of great use for when the title is interesting or confusing and looking at the first few sentences of the post can often determine if the thread is for me or not. Clicking on threads and backing out after seeing the first few sentences have nothing to do with what I thought it did is counterproductive.