Markdown-Support

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
ploeger
Advanced member
Advanced member

Markdown-Support

Post by ploeger »

Hi!
One thing I always hate about the old vBulleting forums was the editor and the editor in Community is not much better. With github and such, I'm accustomed to clean editors, that support a markup language (such as markdown).
Is this possible here?
Thanks.

Kind regards
Dennis
ploeger
Advanced member
Advanced member

Markdown-Support

Post by ploeger »

Hey, [mention:8081d13fd51d42c888a04ad0bba5f6a6:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05], [mention:df14077b96e04b99b6173b0ac1285697:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05]. What about this one?
jenneme
Advanced member
Advanced member

Markdown-Support

Post by jenneme »

Hi Dennis. Honestly, I'm not sure if it is possible. What I do know is that your feedback was seen (Sorry it wasn't acknowledged). I know it is in the wheel house and the guys are researching a solution. Is there an editor that you have used that you consider a gold standard? Is there possibility of grabbing a screenshot of the aspects you like best?
ploeger
Advanced member
Advanced member

Markdown-Support

Post by ploeger »

Well, actually, I'm not talking about an editor. I'm more talking about the interpretation of the non-rich-formatted text here.
Take the guys at github, for example. They're interpreting Markdown tags in issues, commits and so on just with a standard text editor (while they actually offer a preview-feature).
See that editor in action here:

To learn more about Markdown, take a look at the Markdown website.
ploeger
Advanced member
Advanced member

Markdown-Support

Post by ploeger »

(I'm actually thinking about writing a Zimlet, that interpretes plain-text-mails that way :) )
peterdalydickson

Markdown-Support

Post by peterdalydickson »

I know this is an old thread, but I was searching for zuora markdown, found this, and then figured out that http://markdown-here.com/features.html, which I’ve used for ages with Gmail, works in a Zuora compose email window!

(I’m actually thinking about writing a Zimlet, that interpretes plain-text-mails that way :) )

From the above, it looks like it also works in these forums! :D
​