Editing a post, why can't I cancel the edit?

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

So, I wrote my life story and posted it on the forums and then decide to go back and edit it. During the edit I make a complete pig's ear of it and decide to leave the original, the only choice I get is to post the reply - why is there no cancel (or revert to the original) option or is closing the page the only thing I can do? This again is not very intuitive for a user.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
jenneme
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jenneme »

Interesting idea. If you haven't published the edit, of course you can just back out of it by leaving the page. But, if you have already saved your changes, there is no revert to prior version. But, this is a good feature suggestion.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

I seem to have clicked the "Flag as...." button on your post, sorry about that - I know you're not really a spammer, honest. [:)]

I think that not having a cancel button and just closing the page or returning to the previous page is an inelegant solution and not very intuitive for new users of these forums.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra