Why I am thinking about quitting Zimbra

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
Veidit

Why I am thinking about quitting Zimbra

Post by Veidit »

I have been a long time user of Zimbra and now when I started my company I filled out the form to get some prices and options for Zimbra, now after about 6 months I still haven't got an answer.
I also asked the Zimbra account on twitter but that only seems to be one way communication, something that I find very negative.
I would love to just see the prices on Zimbra.com and what different options I have but instead I have to fill out forms, very user-unfriendly :(

So, now I am looking to support G-Suite for my customers instead, the prices are straight forward and I can be open and honest with them about support and communication.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Why I am thinking about quitting Zimbra

Post by phoenix »

Veidit wrote:I have been a long time user of Zimbra and now when I started my company I filled out the form to get some prices and options for Zimbra, now after about 6 months I still haven't got an answer.
I also asked the Zimbra account on twitter but that only seems to be one way communication, something that I find very negative.
I would love to just see the prices on Zimbra.com and what different options I have but instead I have to fill out forms, very user-unfriendly :(
Unfortunately filling out pointless forms seems to be the strategy of the current management at Zimbra. :(
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
DualBoot
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: ZCS FLOSS - 8.8.15 Mutli servers

Post by DualBoot »

Before leaving Zimbra, try to contact a reseller.
G-Suite is not a good answer from my point of view.
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi Veidit,
I'm managing the Twitter account and don't remember to see any private message about pricing, it could be a mention instead?

You can always send an email to sales@zimbra.com with your questions, it works faster than the forms.

Or drop me an email to jorge@zimbra.com, meanwhile you can do things that with Gapps you can't like:
  • Install ZCS on your Server for free, the Open Source version, no strings attached
  • Download the Network Edition Trial, which will automatically add you on the system and a Sales Rep will contact you shortly
About prices on the website, and make the whole buy process easier, agree 100%, but because Zimbra relies on Partners to distribute the product, which is great, then it's not easy to add prices on the website, but we are working on a way to satisfy both needs, we will share more information soon.

Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
portscanner
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.12

Post by portscanner »

I am also tired of fighting to buy a license for Zimbra. It is almost like they dont want to sell the product. I am going to try the sales@zimbra.com email address listed above.
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

How it was your experience writing to sales directly?

Let me know!
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/