bug triage ?

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
eval

bug triage ?

Post by eval »

What does ZImbra consider to be reasonable triage turnaround time for responding to bug reports filed by users? Days? Weeks? No ETA at all?

Not FIXED mind you, but getting the conversation started and ideally assigning the bug ?

Is it the same or different for OS vs NE ?

Are there priorities? E.g., security vs UI ?

It'll be helpful to be able to set expectations with mgmt that pays for licenses &/or time we contribute back in community.
eval

Re: bug triage ?

Post by eval »

Finally got kindof a reply in IRC, in case anyone's interested.

Unless you're "a customer" don't expect bugs you file to be a priority.

So I guess that's fine if you're already a paid customer, but if you're "just" a community member contributing back time & bug reports, or evaluating the product, "buy a copy to file a ticket" seems to be the way to get a bug addressed.

Since I can't fix Zimbra without talking to someone at Zimra, and waiting endlessly doesn't work for me, what's left is to move on. It was pretty easy to get mostly there anyway, just a different IMAP server and a final decision on OpenLDAP or SQL for data ...