Zimbra Open Source vs Zimbra Suite Plus

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
SubnetMask

Zimbra Open Source vs Zimbra Suite Plus

Post by SubnetMask »

Best I can tell, it appears to me that 'Zimbra Suite Plus' is essentially Zimbra Open Source with ZExtras already part of it, whereas ZExtras can be installed on Open Source Edition.

So assuming that's the case, what's the difference between Zimbra Open Source Edition with ZExtras and Zimbra Suite Plus, other than the fact that I can just go to the ZExtras website and purchase what I need and have the license almost instantly, but for Zimbra, I need to 'request a quote' (which I find incredible annoying - Zimbras pricing is essentially 'secret' - I don't believe I've seen it listed anywhere) and then who knows what other hoops or how long to get it.
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Re: Zimbra Open Source vs Zimbra Suite Plus

Post by L. Mark Stone »

SubnetMask wrote:Best I can tell, it appears to me that 'Zimbra Suite Plus' is essentially Zimbra Open Source with ZExtras already part of it, whereas ZExtras can be installed on Open Source Edition.

So assuming that's the case, what's the difference between Zimbra Open Source Edition with ZExtras and Zimbra Suite Plus, other than the fact that I can just go to the ZExtras website and purchase what I need and have the license almost instantly, but for Zimbra, I need to 'request a quote' (which I find incredible annoying - Zimbras pricing is essentially 'secret' - I don't believe I've seen it listed anywhere) and then who knows what other hoops or how long to get it.
A key difference between the two offerings is Support from Zimbra, vs. support from Zextras. Their definitions of "support" are different enough that it may matter to certain customers.

As re pricing, Zimbra is a channel-driven company, so Zimbra doesn't set the prices to end users; VAR partners do. (And VAR partners purchase through an aggregator, who is the one who purchases licensing and support SKUs from Zimbra). Zextras can be bought directly from the company or through their own partner network.

IMHO, if you need a higher level of support, and want to get support for both Zimbra and the Zextras add-ons from one source (no finger-pointing), then ZSP may be the better way to go.

Note that Network Edition, which offers an even higher level of support, now comes with the Zextras bits bundled in with effect from version 8.8.

Hope that helps,
Mark
noman124a

Post by noman124a »

I can not send mail from Zimbra to Gmail. But I can send mail Zimbra to all other mail.
The problem Zimbra showed to me is: "The IP you're using to send mail is not authorized
to 550-5.7.1 send email directly to our servers. Please use the SMTP relay
at your 550-5.7.1 service provider instead."
How can I fix this problem?
L. Mark Stone
Ambassador
Ambassador
ZCS/ZD Version: 10.0.6 Network Edition

Post by L. Mark Stone »

noman124a wrote:I can not send mail from Zimbra to Gmail. But I can send mail Zimbra to all other mail.
The problem Zimbra showed to me is: "The IP you're using to send mail is not authorized
to 550-5.7.1 send email directly to our servers. Please use the SMTP relay
at your 550-5.7.1 service provider instead."
How can I fix this problem?
In the past, this error message comes from setting up a Zimbra server on a dynamic IP address, or on an Internet circuit where the provider has declared their IP addresses not usbale for public-facing Internet services (like a home Internet connection being used for business work).

You should talk to your ISP as the next step IMHO.

Hope that helps,
Mark