Had a look at the "Security Center - Zimbra Security - News & Alerts"

Whether you are a current user, former user, a Zimbra employee, or anyone with experience using any of our products, we welcome your feedback. Please include a specific product name and version when relevant.
BradC
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Had a look at the "Security Center - Zimbra Security - News & Alerts"

Post by BradC »

Just for a bit of a laugh, I thought I'd check out the "Security Center", which bills itself as "Join this group to get the latest news, updates and alerts about security issues affecting your Zimbra product."

Last update "April 15, 2019 - Phil Pearl, Security Architect".

Aside from trawling the "Blog" for product updates, is there a reliable source of security news for grown-ups?

Most recent "Announcement" on the forum is "Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 is Now Available by jorgedlcruz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:50 am"

Yay.

Yes, I'm sorry but another grumpy post. I realise Zimbra has become an unprofitable football destined to be kicked from company to company, and yes I realise it'll take years to undo the damage both VMware and Telligent did. But the basics are still the basics. Hard to push yourself as a communications company when you fail to communicate.
zimico
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15 P3

Re: Had a look at the "Security Center - Zimbra Security - News & Alerts"

Post by zimico »

Dear BradC,
I think security center only posts info about security aspect if any patch or upgrade apply to.
Best regards,
Minh.
BradC
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by BradC »

zimico wrote:Dear BradC,
I think security center only posts info about security aspect if any patch or upgrade apply to.
Best regards,
Minh.
Well then, that makes me look pretty silly then. Still, not the first time I've gone and shot my mouth off. I apologise.
7224jobe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15_FOSS Patch38

Post by 7224jobe »

BradC wrote:Just for a bit of a laugh, I thought I'd check out the "Security Center", which bills itself as "Join this group to get the latest news, updates and alerts about security issues affecting your Zimbra product."

Last update "April 15, 2019 - Phil Pearl, Security Architect".

Aside from trawling the "Blog" for product updates, is there a reliable source of security news for grown-ups?

Most recent "Announcement" on the forum is "Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 is Now Available by jorgedlcruz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:50 am"

Yay.

Yes, I'm sorry but another grumpy post. I realise Zimbra has become an unprofitable football destined to be kicked from company to company, and yes I realise it'll take years to undo the damage both VMware and Telligent did. But the basics are still the basics. Hard to push yourself as a communications company when you fail to communicate.
On top of that, I created an account on zimbra wiki to receive a notification every time a Security Center page is updated. But, since June 10th, no one has approved my account creation, so I still can not login and receive notifications :|
I created an account with the same name that I have on this forum, if any zimbra wiki admin reads this post...