ZCS 3.0 Milestone 2 Released

Official Zimbra news, events, releases, and updates.
agnOstos
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by agnOstos »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]All the Open Source Edition release are M2. We plan to update this page with mre info and also have a history of past builds.

Use the 2nd link in this post for the Network. Network is ONLY available on Red Hat EL4. It also requires that you register and get the link via e-mail.[/QUOTE]
Not really happy about this. Can it be installed on RHEL ES Basic Edition?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="agnOstos"]Not really happy about this. Can it be installed on RHEL ES Basic Edition?[/QUOTE]
Sorry, we've not tested on that version. For your best bet you should go with EL.
rsharpe
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by rsharpe »

M2 is freakin' awesome!
goetzi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by goetzi »

Should the Network Edition run on CentOS 4.2?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="goetzi"]Should the Network Edition run on CentOS 4.2?[/QUOTE]
It's not something we test on or plan to officially support. Since we've never tried we don't know.
goetzi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by goetzi »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]It's not something we test on or plan to officially support. Since we've never tried we don't know.[/QUOTE]

Ok. I will try it this evening on a test box. I will tell you my experiences.
andreychek
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by andreychek »

[quote user="goetzi"]Should the Network Edition run on CentOS 4.2?[/QUOTE]

I just tried the Network Edition on CentOS 4.2. It works like a champ, except for one oddity (which may or may not have anything to do with CentOS).
When I go to the url:

It">http://mydomain.com/zimbra/mail
It ends up dropping the "/mail", and goes into an infinite redirect loop.
However, if I add a parameter to the end of the url (any parameter... I started with "?debug=1", but later tried "?foo=1", it doesn't chop off the end of the url, and ends up working fine.
On another note, the Zimbra folks said earlier in this thread that the Network Edition needs to run on the EL version of RedHat, that running it on "ES Basic" was untested. I'm not all that familar with the RedHat Enterprise software versions, but from what I can tell, "EL", or Enterprise Linux, is a generic term that could refer to "AS" (Advanced Server) or "ES" (Enterprise Server). Both are pay "Enterprise" products (whatever "Enterprise" means, I choose to think of Captain Kirk).
Further, the "Basic" seems to only refer to the support package it comes with, it's still RHEL. But, I could easily be mistaken on that :-)
So, trying to cut through the confusion of the names of these varying products, does Zimbra support RHEL generically, meaning both ES and AS? Or are you saying you only support AS?

-Eric
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="andreychek"]On another note, the Zimbra folks said earlier in this thread that the Network Edition needs to run on the EL version of RedHat, that running it on "ES Basic" was untested. I'm not all that familar with the RedHat Enterprise software versions, but from what I can tell, "EL", or Enterprise Linux, is a generic term that could refer to "AS" (Advanced Server) or "ES" (Enterprise Server). Both are pay "Enterprise" products (whatever "Enterprise" means, I choose to think of Captain Kirk).
Further, the "Basic" seems to only refer to the support package it comes with, it's still RHEL. But, I could easily be mistaken on that :-)
So, trying to cut through the confusion of the names of these varying products, does Zimbra support RHEL generically, meaning both ES and AS? Or are you saying you only support AS?

-Eric[/QUOTE]
Thanks Eric. We test on AS today. However like you said it should work on ES, and the support package shouldn't matter.
alohrer

Post by alohrer »

[quote user="14319KevinH"]Current price is $28 per user per year. This includes all the Network features and support. Please contact sales ~at~ zimbra.com for more deails or if oyu have questions.[/QUOTE]
So for 10 users I would only pay $280 one time a year? Just confirming. If this is the case, I'm going to definitely push for this server at the school I work at. This is a great product and I commend all of your hard work on it.
:D
Andy.pflaum

Post by Andy.pflaum »

[quote user="alohrer"]So for 10 users I would only pay $280 one time a year? Just confirming. If this is the case, I'm going to definitely push for this server at the school I work at. This is a great product and I commend all of your hard work on it.
:D[/QUOTE]
That's a good question....For our Network Edition, we're currently working through how we might support small numbers of users (10 users, 20 users, etc.), or what minimum-purchase levels might be required. This is not currently decided, but (frankly) we know it can be something of a challenge for us to provide support for the smallest-sized customers, and not lose money doing it. One option we know will be available in the future is Zimbra partners who will provide hosted service for customers, large and small....In any case, more news soon on our licensing structure for Network Edition, including any minimum-purchase levels that might be necessary.