Forums Upgrade

Official Zimbra news, events, releases, and updates.
dboothefbdev

Forums Upgrade

Post by dboothefbdev »

Hi,
We'll be upgrading the forums to the latest version of 4.x tomorrow around 5pm PST. We expect a little downtime while we put the site in maintenance mode and perform the upgrade.
After the upgrade is complete, we'd love to collect your feedback in this thread.
Thanks!
Federico Bertola
Advanced member
Advanced member

Forums Upgrade

Post by Federico Bertola »

I hope that tapatalk plugin will be kept and maybe updated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dboothefbdev

Forums Upgrade

Post by dboothefbdev »

[quote user="federico.bertola"]I hope that tapatalk plugin will be kept and maybe updated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Hi. We're planning on keeping Tapatalk and upgrading it. Thanks for the feedback.
dboothefbdev

Forums Upgrade

Post by dboothefbdev »

The upgrade is going to happen next week, due to some technical issues we encountered last night when we tried to upgrade.
We're still hoping to collect your feedback in this thread after the upgrade is complete.
Thanks for your patience.
dboothefbdev

Forums Upgrade

Post by dboothefbdev »

We've pushed the upgrade live and things went smoothly this time.
Please post any feedback on the update in this thread.
Thanks!
16128deepblue
Advanced member
Advanced member

Forums Upgrade

Post by 16128deepblue »

Hi flickerbox,
although the Forum update was some month ago, I can not really get used to it. Especially the forum search feature is unsatisfactory in my eyes. The former forum had some kind of "quick search" in the upper tab, that I can not find anymore. The "Advanced Serach" is really not finding what I am looking for. If I type in multiple words to search for, I regularly get results containing only one (or some), but not all of the words. This usually renders the resultlist useless.
Maybe I overloocked something?
Regards

Thomas
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Forums Upgrade

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="16128deepblue"]although the Forum update was some month ago, I can not really get used to it. Especially the forum search feature is unsatisfactory in my eyes. The former forum had some kind of "quick search" in the upper tab, that I can not find anymore. The "Advanced Serach" is really not finding what I am looking for. If I type in multiple words to search for, I regularly get results containing only one (or some), but not all of the words. This usually renders the resultlist useless. [/QUOTE]Why not just use your favourite search engine to look for your required terms, for example:
site:zimbra.com +forum +upgrade or site:zimbra.com +"forum upgrade"
1. site:zimbra.com +forum +upgrade - Yahoo! Search Results
2. site:zimbra.com +"forum upgrade" - Yahoo! Search Results
Further details: +"google search" +help - Yahoo! Search Results
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra