We are pleased to announce that Telligent, a market leader in enterprise social software, has acquired Zimbra. Telligent and VMware made the announcement today. Telligent and Zimbra will merge under the Zimbra brand to form an enterprise software company offering a unified social collaboration suite. The organizations will merge during the next 90 days.
Highlights of the announcement include:
- Zimbra and Telligent will merge to form a new enterprise social collaboration company under the Zimbra brand.
- The combined company will offer the first, unified social collaboration suite built for the post-PC era.
- VMware, an investor in the new Zimbra, will continue to be a strategic partner.
- Zimbra will be led by an integrated management team under the leadership of Patrick Brandt, CEO of Telligent.
- Telligent is committed to being open and will continue to make source code available.