Summer Solstice COMMIT June 21 San Francisco

Official Zimbra news, events, releases, and updates.
Erynn

Summer Solstice COMMIT June 21 San Francisco

Post by Erynn »

Next COMMIT Community Event will be June 21 at the Synacor office in San Francisco. Smaller than Q1 COMMIT, the spring event will review progress toward opening up Zimbra as an open source project; updates on the work done over Q2 on Zimbra and the Zimbra stack; a review of everything shipping in 8.8; and a look forward to what is coming out the second half of the year. We'll also be debuting email address for OS contributors at @zimbra.org, and we'll be opening up Jira for project tracking for the Zimbra community. (No, this won't replace Bugzilla. Yes, we will still use Bugzilla for bug tracking. Yes, we will continue to update Bugzilla as we tackle bugs with Synacor!)

We're planning to have the sessions recorded and shared, and we'll also be opening up the event to attend virtually. Want to come in person? Reach out and we'll get you an invitation. Want to do one of our lightning talks or demos? Send us your topic and we'll choose the ones that we think will be of most interest to the community.

Address for the San Francisco Summer Solstice COMMIT is 655 Montgomery Street, Suite 1170 San Francisco, CA. Cocktails will be available June 20 from 6:00 until 8:00, and the sessions for the COMMIT event will run from 10:00am until 4:30pm.
10539yutaka
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: Summer Solstice COMMIT June 21 San Francisco

Post by 10539yutaka »

Hi,
Erynn wrote:We'll also be debuting email address for OS contributors at @zimbra.org, and we'll be opening up Jira for project tracking for the Zimbra community.
I have one question about OS contribution.

You know “Zimbra Forum” has been closed down and migrated to new one a couple of times.
I had actually “contributor” status in old one.
But on that migration process, my status disappeared.
I assumed that maybe that was because Zimbra lost their interest to community activity at that moment.
And I felt disappointed and lost my interest to the community too.

Now you seem that you get that interest back, right?
So I feel excited and am thinking of getting active again in Zimbra forum!!
And I am just wondering if it is possible to get that status back to me also?

Thank you,
Yutaka
Erynn

Post by Erynn »

Hi Yutaka-

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure how to give Contributor status; happy to look into that and bring that up at the COMMIT on Wednesday.

ebp
Erynn

Post by Erynn »

Details for this week's COMMIT can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11e1u_q ... AOUVk/edit

ebp
Marc Gadsdon

Post by Marc Gadsdon »

Hi Erynn,

Any chance you could provide the links to the recorded Commit sessions from 21st June please?

Thanks, Marc