Zimbra Collaboration & ZCO 8.8.7 now available

Official Zimbra news, events, releases, and updates.
David Bingham

Zimbra Collaboration & ZCO 8.8.7 now available

Post by David Bingham »

Well, this is exciting! We're pleased to announce a new release for Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 as well as a long-awaited update for the Zimbra Connector for Outlook (ZCO). This release includes two security updates, ZCO localization for Catalan and Norwegian, and dozens of fixes for issues you've reported - lots of reasons to upgrade as soon as possible!

Download 8.8.7
Please do a full backup or snapshot before upgrading. You can download the software, the md5, and the SHA 256 files here: Note: Related to the Mailsploit fix, we recommend that all sites upgrading to 8.8.7 manually set zimbraPrefShortEmailAddress to FALSE, which is the default for new 8.8.7 installs.

Please, read the Full Release Notes here: https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Zimbra_Releases/8.8.7
See the announcement here: https://blog.zimbra.com/2018/03/zimbra- ... -30-fixes/

All Zimbra Collaboration 8.8 sites are recommended to upgrade to this version.
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Re: Zimbra Collaboration & ZCO 8.8.7 now available

Post by fs.schmidt »

Hello David,

Great news! I'm already installing this new version.

Kind regards.
Fabio S. Schmidt
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

fs.schmidt wrote:Great news! I'm already installing this new version.
Hi Fabio

How did you get on with the install? I'm have a problem doing an upgrade from ZCS 8.8.6 or a clean install on CentOS7.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by fs.schmidt »

phoenix wrote:
Hi Fabio

How did you get on with the install? I'm have a problem doing an upgrade from ZCS 8.8.6 or a clean install on CentOS7.
Hi Phoenix,

I have upgraded a test environment from Zimbra 8.8.6 NE on CentOS7 and everything went well. It's a Single-Server environment.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

fs.schmidt wrote:
phoenix wrote:
Hi Fabio

Hi Phoenix,

I have upgraded a test environment from Zimbra 8.8.6 NE on CentOS7 and everything went well. It's a Single-Server environment.
Mine is also a single server but it's the OSS version. Oh well, I've posted in the Installation forum so I'll see if anything comes of that before I file a bug report. Thanks for the quick reply. :)
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
fs.schmidt
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by fs.schmidt »

I've just upgraded an OSE test environment from 8.8.6 on CentOS 7 and everything worked fine as well.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

fs.schmidt wrote:I've just upgraded an OSE test environment from 8.8.6 on CentOS 7 and everything worked fine as well.
Hmm, strange. Mine is a fairly basic Centos7 with a more recent kernel (4.15.7-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64) and up-to-date: CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708. The install creates the repository then goes through the normal install questions and even if I accept all the default packages I still get the following message: Unable to find missing packages in repository.

Slightly confusing but..... I use DNF for my package manager so I tried removing everything 'zimbra' that had been installed, it removed a ton of perl packages from an old 8.7 beta - no success. One more installation attempt failed but I thought that as Zimbra probably uses yum for package management I'd clean that out, success - and removing the cache with "rm -rf /var/cache/yum" has fixed it. Not being an admin I can't imagine why that's caused the problem but, hey, It's now installed. :) I guess it might be worth filing a bug report? Thanks for your posts. :)
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
tonster
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.7.0_GA_1659.RHEL6_64_2016

Post by tonster »

Sometimes the package cache can be corrupted or contain all data. If it happens in the future, yum clean all should fix it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

tonster wrote:Sometimes the package cache can be corrupted or contain all data. If it happens in the future, yum clean all should fix it.
I know that and it didn't work in this case, as I mentioned I had to remove the files with "rm" to get it to work.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
jasggomes
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.7.11.GA.1854.UBUNTU14.64

Post by jasggomes »

Hi to all,

Upgrade my ZCS 8.8.6 OSE w/patch to 8.8.7 on a Ubuntu 16.04 LTS VM last Sat, and apart from an issue with the 'zmstat', so far all seems ok.

Regards
JG